should i cull and start over?

Maybe in the morning I can spray the coop down with diluted bleach solution this would help with mold and virus and bacteria right? Let it air out all day? I don't have any other cleaners:/

What is the ventilation in the coop? There needs to be good air exchange. Mold is a killer. What kind of litter do you use?

Someone else needs to answer your question about using bleach.

I used Duramycyn 10 when my geese got into mold under dead grass clumps one wet spring. It saved the sick ones. That is what you are using? The vet said a sulfa drug would work also.

maybe the hen could have a little kitchen freedom when someone can watch her, and hopefully she will perk up and won't need to be isolated long.

The thing is she isn't acting sick at all still runs around eats lays etc. Just sneezing often. I'm sure the ventilation is inadequate though I've never had trouble before now we are hoping to have them in their new coop in a week or two they free range all day and are only in there at night. My bedding is pine shavings.

Doesn't sound like she's too sick. Maybe she has something stuck in her nose? your call, I would probably just watch her and the others, look for any mold they might be able to get into, and get them moved as soon as possible.

Doesn't sound like she's too sick. Maybe she has something stuck in her nose? your call, I would probably just watch her and the others, look for any mold they might be able to get into, and get them moved as soon as possible.
Ok will do. maybe I could put a little vet rx in her sinuses? Help clear them out?

Back
Top Bottom