Should I just admit defeat?

The Dollar Tree has little solar lights. They even have ones that use 2 aa batteries for Halloween. Both will be $1.00 each.
I think you better start your Chicken "Wish list" for the holidays. Lol
Try your best to keep everyone safe. Get a trap and trap those raccoons as as possible. You do get ice cold freezing rain in TN.
Congratulations on your new Flock
Thanks sounds like a plan! My chickens will certainly enjoy their new lights, until a plan is set in stone for a larger coop upgrade. My chicken wish list grows every time I look at the the TSC and Amazon BYC giveaway! Ugh I get so many ideas! It’s been a wet week thanks to all that hurricane weather and as it hasn’t lightened up (though it filled our pond finally- I’m happy even if it is dirt brown) the ground is a muddy mess. The girls have a rain cover and watch the outside world from under their plastic shield (obviously not gonna help with angled rain falls) and big natural rain cover of a tree. Rain is cold but not very cold, ive Kept chickens for a while now but yet I have never had a frostbite issue so let’s hope the babies will help keep our streak and GO IN THE COOP before the cold rain, snow (rain in a more pleasant form, it just doesn’t stick) and the natural temperatures

We just built a bigger hen house so we went through the process of moving our flock each evening into the new coop from the old coop. What ultimately worked is I put a blue tarp over the old hen house close to sunset so they couldn’t go into the old hen house. After 1 week of transporting by hand at sunset and 3 days using the tarp and waiting to watch them go into the new hen house at sunset, they began going into the new coop on their own.

We just built a bigger hen house so we went through the process of moving our flock each evening into the new coop from the old coop. What ultimately worked is I put a blue tarp over the old hen house close to sunset so they couldn’t go into the old hen house. After 1 week of transporting by hand at sunset and 3 days using the tarp and waiting to watch them go into the new hen house at sunset, they began going into the new coop on their own.
Yay! :ya :wee:ya

For the past month and a half I have been moving my chicks from their favorite branch roost into the hen house, every night without missing a night. The refuse to go in the hen house by themselves, should I just admitwise they do it themselves - the treats make it easy ! defeat? What can I do to get them in the hen house?
I put sunflowers seeds in he hen house when i need to get the girls locked up early other

Maybe throw down some food they love before it gets dark and they will go in to eat. An inside light is a good idea.

For the past month and a half I have been moving my chicks from their favorite branch roost into the hen house, every night without missing a night. The refuse to go in the hen house by themselves, should I just admit defeat? What can I do to get them in the hen house?

How old are they? Once I put my older feathered birds into a pen the learn the routine quickly. The longest ever was a week the shortest was one time showing them the roost and locking them up. I have a large yard and a wooden house on legs about 4'x8' with nest boxes at one end and the roosts at an angle down the middle. It gives them three roost bars about 5-6 feet long.

For the past month and a half I have been moving my chicks from their favorite branch roost into the hen house, every night without missing a night. The refuse to go in the hen house by themselves, should I just admit defeat? What can I do to get them in the hen house?
[/QUOTE
Put a light in the coop. They'll go in when it's dark.

Maybe try to lure them in the coop with a tasty treat. Maybe sprinkle some on the plank that leads into the coop and then have some in the coop. 🧐
might change their mind about the coop.

Back
Top Bottom