Should I keep constant food in with my chicks?

rifle4570

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 4, 2011
Clarion
I want just wondering if i Should keep food in with them all the time? sorry of this is a silly question I am new at this

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

It is best to keep feed and water 24/7 for the chicks... Keep the heat lamp at one end of the brooker and the feed/water at the other end.

That way they can get to it whenever they want and they can also not be laying in their food.

Good Luck!
thumbsup.gif

Yes keep food and water available all the time. I have a round feeder and a long feeder in my brooder and 2 quarts of water. I have 30 chicks in the brooder and they are about 3 weeks old. They are eating most of the feed and most of the water every 24 hours. I am going to move them to the chicken coop and run probably this weekend the cold weather is basically gone here and the lows at night won't be going below 40's at night anymore. In the run I have a 5 gallon watterer and several feeders for them to use. They will be fine there It's predator proof and a nice yard for them to use they will enjoy it there with about a 20'x 30' place and out of the brooder.

I think my girls would go crazy if there wasn't a constant supply of food. It seems like they are always eating.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom