Should I tube feed my pullet who might have Coccidiosis?

Dont worry this is a good that your asking the first batch of chickens youbleran alot if you just feel under her body just feel and if you feel something unnormal than you might got something let me sent a pick of chicken atonamey

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027-203759_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211027-203759_Google.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 4
Oh. That's not normal. It looks like shes definitely not eating and drinking. The green is excess bike from not getting the right nourishment. There might be more going on with her than what you were originally thinking.

I had a chicken that was pooping normally and passed with a blockage that's why I ask cause I learned from mistakes it's actually more common than people think
Aweful. She did have some..watery.. saliva substance come out of her mouth today that scared me. No color to it that I remember and it wasnt a lot..sort of trickled out of her mouth. When I picked her up early her head shook a little... sort of like someone with Parkinsons does...she did that a couple times. I have never seen her do that before and she has not done it since. She barely has the energy to keep herself upright and no longer will grab my fingers with her feet. I have loosely wrapped her in a towel to try to keep her as warm as possible. To me she feels cold. I just do not know what else to do.

Might I recommend raw egg yolk. It’s what baby chicks survive on. When I thought my pullet was dying of coccidosis, I kept putting her beak in water and dipping my pinky finger in egg yolk and touching her beak with it. It’s liquidy so easier to swallow. I did this every 30 minutes the first evening, once an hour the second day (she wasn’t moving at all at that point), & on day 3 she sat up and got an appetite back so I made her wet mash w the Corid water. I know every situation is different but she’s the second bird I saved who I fed raw yolk too...it has so much nutrition.

Also, I moved mine indoors in a brooding pen to feed her & keep her warm. She spent almost 2 days cradled in my sweatshirt

Might I recommend raw egg yolk. It’s what baby chicks survive on. When I thought my pullet was dying of coccidosis, I kept putting her beak in water and dipping my pinky finger in egg yolk and touching her beak with it. It’s liquidy so easier to swallow. I did this every 30 minutes the first evening, once an hour the second day (she wasn’t moving at all at that point), & on day 3 she sat up and got an appetite back so I made her wet mash w the Corid water. I know every situation is different but she’s the second bird I saved who I fed raw yolk too...it has so much nutrition.
Thank you. I tube fed her about 12ml earlier today around 1pm. I gave her liquid diet you would give a young bird. Do you think I could still give her an egg tonight? I don't know how much a crop can hold. I don't want it to come back out. I am willing to try anything.

Back
Top Bottom