Should I Vote These Eggs of the Island?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wishingbee, Oct 9, 2011.

1. wishingbee

wishingbee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    SW Washington
    Some of you may have already seen these posted on my thread "Day 7- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly." But I'm really not sure what to think, so I could use your thoughts on these two specifically.

Day 9, and My incubator has developed a smell. It's not an entirely foul (fowl?) smell, it's not horrific, but it's also not something I'd wear as perfume. Kind of a mix of bleach and dirty feet. It's hard to describe. Because this scent is unfamiliar, I'm being extra vigilant about stinky eggs, and if anything looks less than ideal, I'd rather chuck them than risk the very visibly and obviously growing 8 eggs I have left in the incubator.

So here are my eggs in question- should I vote them off the island?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or should I hang onto them for a few more days and see what they do?

Thanks for your feedback!

2. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    hang on to them you never know

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Don't throw them out because of what i say, but i think its possible that number 1 has a blood ring. Could you post more pics of #1?

4. Barbedwirecat

Barbedwirecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    Limestone
    I think you should give it another day. Smell the eggs themselves. You'll know by that. Weed out all of the ones that don't look like that others after day 10. If you have suspicious ones---place them FAR away from the other eggs if you can (I had a naughty corner for mine) I had one that looked like a bloodring with NO movement on day 4, 7, and 9...and it has developed. I would have been sad had I removed that one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by