Should my chicken be standing like this

Chickenoreo

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2023
She’s not always like this just sometimes, it looks like hair back is lowered. Her poop is normal, eats and drinks. She isn’t laying eggs but I’m guessing it’s because of the weather? My only concern so far is I feel like her crop won’t get full by night time. It feels like she ate very little even though throughout the day I see her eat and drink.

Attachments

• IMG_9956.jpeg
    IMG_9956.jpeg
    566.9 KB · Views: 39
When their tails are lowered, they may be ill or could be suffering from egg binding or a reproductive disorder. Can you offer some fluids and some wet chicken feed and bits of cooked egg? What do her poops look like? Does she lay eggs? Can you feel of her crop tomorrow am before she eats or drinks to see if it has emptied overnight?

She’s not always like this just sometimes, it looks like hair back is lowered. Her poop is normal, eats and drinks. She isn’t laying eggs but I’m guessing it’s because of the weather? My only concern so far is I feel like her crop won’t get full by night time. It feels like she ate very little even though throughout the day I see her eat and drink.
How does her vent area feel? Can you feel and egg in her? If so she might be egg bound. That means that an egg is stuck wich basically stops her whole system, meaning that her crop won’t empty and that she won’t poop very much or eat very much😊
I would pick her up and feel her abdomen, then I would give her some calsium and an epson salt bath😊

When their tails are lowered, they may be ill or could be suffering from egg binding or a reproductive disorder. Can you offer some fluids and some wet chicken feed and bits of cooked egg? What do her poops look like? Does she lay eggs? Can you feel of her crop tomorrow am before she eats or drinks to see if it has emptied overnight?
She’s eating fine. But I will try and give her wet chicken feed. Her poop looks normal, not laying eggs. I’ll feel her crop in the morning to see if it’s empty,

Back
Top Bottom