show information

ameraucanacrazy

Songster
10 Years
Feb 11, 2009
macon,ga
i am getting some pure breed dominiquers and i need some information on how to get into showing them i live in ga and i need all the information on show in and where i can show

You can check around at your local fair offices ahead of time and try and enter them there. There is a show section on BYC you can check into. You could also see if there is a poultry club in your area and you could join it. Also, try calling a 4H leader in your area and I think they would have information about shows in the area.
smile.png

You would probably want to post pictures on here to see if people think you can show them. And they need to have a blood test before you enter them in a show.

Poultry Press is the best source of information on Chicken Shows. It is a monthly newspaper that has articles about many chicken issues and photos of the winning birds at Chicken shows across the cournty. GA has around 5-6 show that I know of. There is one in Dalton GA on March
14th. That should be the end of Spring shows and then there will be more in the fall.

Alright, this is my assumption, but I'm assuming you're a younger member here.

So, if you are going up against other breeders PLEASE realize that your birds will not be ready for another 6 months. Also, PLEASE realize that the other breeders have been doing this for a long time and that your birds might and probably will lose to them. It's a learning experience the entire time. Nobody knows EVERYTHING about chickens. Otherwise we would all have the "perfect" show bird.

jimnjay has a good point. The Poultry Press is an excellent source of information for you. You can also try googling for poultry shows around your area, as well as contacting your local Department of Agriculture offices.

Back
Top Bottom