Sapphire Olive Eggers from Hoover's Hatchery

Pics
I have a sapphire olive egger I’m sure too young to decipher male or female but I figured I’d get your thoughts on when yours were this age and what they turned out to be. 3 weeks approximately I looked for the double wing feathers and the one that had a tail feather growing more than others.

Attachments

• IMG_7362.png
    IMG_7362.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7299.png
    IMG_7299.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7300.png
    IMG_7300.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
I have a sapphire olive egger I’m sure too young to decipher male or female but I figured I’d get your thoughts on when yours were this age and what they turned out to be. 3 weeks approximately I looked for the double wing feathers and the one that had a tail feather growing more than others.
That one is so pretty! Ours were about 4 weeks old when we got them I think. So we never got to see their little chick phase.

Sadly Every one of ours is also laying brown. 3 have tufts though

That one is so pretty! Ours were about 4 weeks old when we got them I think. So we never got to see their little chick phase.

Sadly Every one of ours is also laying brown. 3 have tufts though
Thank you !! That’s interesting I guess u never really know what color until it comes out … but better than it being a rooster 😂

I'm making this thread to post information specifically about the Sapphire Olive Eggers from Hoover's Hatchery. They are a new breed for them and I can't find very much information on the anywhere. (NOT A SAPPHIRE GEM - THEY LAY BROWN EGGS) These lay olive eggs.

I contacted the hatchery and then said they do not disclose what breeds they used to get this mix. And they do not have a picture of the rooster.

If you have any of these please post pictures and the age the picture was taken. Also any information you can share on them. Thank you much :)
I have a Hoovers Sapphire Olive Egger. She is 8 months old. She laid her first egg at 17.5 weeks. It is unfortunately not Olive, although it’s a unique peachy tan that I didn’t have. The egg is smaller than I had expected.

Meet Olive, aka Peach and her egg is the egg in the middle. She is a good chicken, not one that wants to be held, but I also never spent time trying to make her a pet.

Attachments

• IMG_9788.jpeg
    IMG_9788.jpeg
    753.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9614.jpeg
    IMG_9614.jpeg
    609.6 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom