Show me a pic of your wall-mounted feeder/waterer!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by skatcatla, Dec 30, 2010.

1. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    I swear, I am DONE with my feeder and waterer. The chickens are constantly kicking shavings into them and making a mess. There is no room to hang them from the ceiling. I have been eying a wall-mounted stainless steel version I found online and I'm wondering if its worth the money?

2. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I only have a built in feeder, but here it is. I have not had a problem with shavings getting into it.

[​IMG]
    inside view
    [​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Tricia, that is so darned clever I can't stand it!

4. AnnainMD

AnnainMD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    Eldersburg, MD
    I have a picture of the feeder on my BYC page, bought at Tractor Supply for $16 and holds 10Lbs of feed. LOVE it.
    I use a nipple waterer so...no issues with shavings or dirt getting in there. Good luck, hope you find something that works for you!

5. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:x2

That is very ingenious and I wish I had thought of something like that when I built my coop.

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

This is what I built out of ABS pipe for the inside of one coop.
    [​IMG]

It works well, but doesn't allow more than one or two to eat at the same time.

7. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
  8. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    Quote:Yes, this is the one I was eyeing! I think I will go ahead and order it. Should be just enough room on the inside of the doors for me to hang that.

Trish: That is so dang simple and yet...why didn't I think if that! Awesome!

9. 70monte

70monte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2009
    Aurora, MO
    Quote:I have two of these that I made in my coop and they work pretty well. I did have a problem with one of the chickens digging out a lot of feed onto the floor but after I let that feeder go empty and left it that way for a week or so, it doesn't seem to happen anymore since I refilled it. I like them because I can go quite a while before I have to refill them.

Wayne

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Here is one I built for grit and oyster shell and I have others without the center divider that I use for feed but don't have a picture of those on this computer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by