Show me your brooders

How does that duct tape hold up on the red brooder?? Never thought it would be strong enough to hold down mesh!
On the red brooder, it's been great! I've never had to replace it. and I put it on there almost two years ago.

I have some smaller plastic tote brooders that it doesn't work as well on, but the plastic is so brittle that I can't use the staple gun. Those I have to replace the duct tape every couple of months on.

On the red brooder, it's been great! I've never had to replace it. and I put it on there almost two years ago.

I have some smaller plastic tote brooders that it doesn't work as well on, but the plastic is so brittle that I can't use the staple gun. Those I have to replace the duct tape every couple of months on.
Huh! Is it the fabric duct tape or just the normal??

Thanks for sharing! Hey what is the yellow thing!?
That is a Brinsea brooder plate.
1633306460071.png

I like the big round stock tanks because of the extra room they give. I can't remember if this is the 6' or 8' round, but I have several different round stock tanks in various sizes (4',6' and 8') depending on how many ducklings/chicks are going to be in the brooder. I prefer to brood in smaller batches of 5-15 so there is always ample room before they get moved to the brooding pen at 2-3 weeks.

As a side note the blocks under the feeders were random blocks I was piecing together to figure out how big I wanted to cut my single big block.

Attachments

• PXL_20211005_184803727.jpg
    PXL_20211005_184803727.jpg
    840.4 KB · Views: 7
I like the big round stock tanks because of the extra room they give. I can't remember if this is the 6' or 8' round, but I have several different round stock tanks in various sizes (4',6' and 8') depending on how many ducklings/chicks are going to be in the brooder. I prefer to brood in smaller batches of 5-15 so there is always ample room before they get moved to the brooding pen at 2-3 weeks.

As a side note the blocks under the feeders were random blocks I was piecing together to figure out how big I wanted to cut my single big block.
That is very very nice. Those stock tanks are a little rich for my blood rn. I have one

I use a similar set up but I use the "red" heat lamp bulb. I see yours down in the brooder. Does the reptile bulb not get as hot as the other types? I've never seen one but that looks interesting.
They come in different wattages. I keep a thermometer on the ground so I know what temperature it is under there. That kept the warm spot at 99-100 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom