Show me your dust baths

Hello all. I'm needing a way to keep my girls and Mr. Wattles dust baths from the elements. I've tried a few different designs but nothing works too well. Either they can't stretch all out or the rain and snow ruin the mix. (I use DE, premethrim (might not have spelled that right), ash from my fireplace along with all-purpose sand. Do you have a picture you can show me? Also this is as good excuse as any to shower off your flock.
Use Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. Buy the 15 bucket on Amazon.com it's the best price. You'll also need to buy the plastic opener as well.

Here's the pictures

Attachments

• 20200120_230047.jpg
    20200120_230047.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 4
Use Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. Buy the 15 bucket on Amazon.com it's the best price. You'll also need to buy the plastic opener as well.
Good to know. Thanks. I've been using animal grade but it's quite coarse. I've used food grade for flea hot spots in the house which works nicely. Big difference between them

My good friend with a tree service has pole sheds for his equipment.
Always dry dusty dirt floors. I start with 2/3 of a five gallon bucket of this fine dusty dirt. One Shovel Mason sand(1gal), 2/3 bucket of peat moss, 1/4 bucket wood ash.
I have cut off the bottom of an old 33gallon Rubbermaid garbage can and put it under the poop board. As soon as I filled it they were waiting in line to take a roll.
As long as it dry and dusty it doesn't have to be anything more. I would not have even bothered but winter wet weather has the ground dam not dusty so I'll keep it up until summer time.

Back
Top Bottom