Show me your quail pens!!!

Pics
Thanks for the compliments. The pics. were taken a few months ago so the pen does not look as good right now. It is still green but, it is more like a flash freeze green since we had snow flurries here a couple of weeks ago. I could not believe I had to wrap the quail and pheasant pens in fiber glass sheets and put a heater in them. I hope that our winter is over now.
fl.gif

Quote:
Oh, what I wouldn't give to mow lawn right now. They are predicting freezing rain right around noon (CST), followed by snow flurries later this afternoon.....

My pens. Without going out to measure them, are approx. 16" square. There is one that I used for juvenile bird that is 16"x30"x16". The back of the cage is only about 14" tall v/s the roll out end is 16" tall.

so do you have 4 hens and a roo in a pen 16x16 inch?

sorry for all the questions but i love your pens and want to make some just like them.

cheers youri.

heres one from last year that got blown over, put spikes into the ground and now all pens are fastened down to them..wind was around 50 mph and greater that morning..
478_flipped_quail_pen_004.jpg

478_flipped_quail_pen_005.jpg

built about about 8 of these so far..all rang from 36"-4' wide to 8'-10' long..
478_butler_bobs_005.jpg

478_butler_bobs_011.jpg

478_butler_bobs_004.jpg

478_butler_bobs_008.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, what I wouldn't give to mow lawn right now. They are predicting freezing rain right around noon (CST), followed by snow flurries later this afternoon.....

My pens. Without going out to measure them, are approx. 16" square. There is one that I used for juvenile bird that is 16"x30"x16". The back of the cage is only about 14" tall v/s the roll out end is 16" tall.

sorry for all the questions but i love your pens and want to make some just like them.

cheers youri.

I tried to keep them 3 hens per roo for breeding, but I kept more of each in a pen when I was just growing them out for meat and eggs.

Quote:

cheers youri.

I tried to keep them 3 hens per roo for breeding, but I kept more of each in a pen when I was just growing them out for meat and eggs.

thanks a lot.
i think in will build my pens 18 X 24 inch.
but may do 18 X 18 inch.
these pens will hold 1 male and 3 females.

cheers youri.

Hi all nice coops
I live where it gets down to -40 and I was wondering how I would keep Button and conturnix (sp?) quail.
Would I need to build a shed or somethind or could they just be in a wire floor pen like you guys have?
Also how much space do they need and should they be kept as pairs or in a group?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom