Show Me Your Turkey Runs/coops/enclosures!

This is our grow out pen where they have grass,alfalfa,clover & plenty of bugs to chase.
This would be AWESOME to have,its truley heaven to any poultry,or animal for that matter. And what a big dog pen it would be.
droolin.gif

Different subjust, sorry. I just noticed the above reply to taking the poult outside. I took a six day old outside yesterday. I have never had one before and checked the temperature and made sure it was the same temperature as its brooder. I thought the sun and grass and bugs would be good for it. Today it is just standing there sleeping. Doesn't look like its very active at all and isn't eating unless u dropper feed it. My husband started it on baytril just in case it needs an antibiotic it's hear reads 98-99. Anything else I can do? I feel so bad.

I have one bronze hen in Mesa, Arizona and have been having problems keeping her cool this summer. Thus far (believe it or not) I've been keeping her inside my house during the hottest time of the day and letting her out to wander around dusk when you can actually BREATHE! I don't have anything set up

My set up, shed is 12x15, keep up to 17 turkeys, I let mine out of the run but only under supervision because they are trouble makers

How much space do turkeys need? I know chickens need 4 sq ft each in a coop, so maybe turkeys need 8 sq ft inside?

We have a 20x40 pole barn we plan to use next spring to starting our turkey venture. There are various pens inside with outside doorways to the fenced pasture that were for our dairy goats in the past. I'm wondering what size pen is best for how many turkeys.

I read somewhere that 3 to 5 square feet per adult turkey. We have 6 adult turkeys, I keep the in a 6x10 coop within a 15 x 30 pen, They free range during the day with our chickens but at night they stay in their pen. I have sand in their coop to keep the floor from getting muddy.

How much space do turkeys need? I know chickens need 4 sq ft each in a coop, so maybe turkeys need 8 sq ft inside?

We have a 20x40 pole barn we plan to use next spring to starting our turkey venture. There are various pens inside with outside doorways to the fenced pasture that were for our dairy goats in the past. I'm wondering what size pen is best for how many turkeys.
About 4 sq feet per turkey.

Back
Top Bottom