Show me your YARD doors (not pop doors) - need to build one

July23rd2011003.jpg

Treated 2x4s and hardware cloth. I made the door all by myself, but my husband helped me with the rest of the run.
smile.png

Hmmm....hope this post isn't a duplicate...just wrote something and don't know where it went...Oh well, try again.

Thanks for so many beautiful pictures! Love them all. My coop and and run are finally showing some progress...still haven't decided on a door design, so I'll look at yours again.

Done: Posts up, fencing up, store-bought coop installed on foundation cinder blocks, electric insulators up.
Still to go: Yard door to build, electric to run, wires to run to keep mesh roof off the coop, wire and dirt to place on ground to prevent digging.

Now...how do I attach pictures? Will need to look up!

Cheers,

N. VA

69881_front_of_house.jpg

69881_chicken_yard.jpg

69881_little_chickens_house.jpg

Top pic shows front of coop, middle shows back side, and bottom pic shows the little dog house that I was given from someone's trash that I think should make a good little chick house. Now to order chicks! I fenced in the dog house inside the main chicken yard; haven't quite figured out how to block off the top of the little chicken's yard ...maybe the big chickens will just not jump in?

Cheers,
N. VA

Mine is 4ft and I wanted no cross bracing - instead using the metal L bracket things in the corners - it is lightweight 2x2s, the hardware cloth gives it great stability. It is all screwed, and the hardware cloth every 6" has additional washers (behind it out of view; I should take a picture of that tomorrow to add to my files.).
85907_dsc00822.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom