Show me your..............

I use covered kitty litter boxes. They have handles and are easy to move around and clean. My girls love the privacy they give and very inexpensive, especially if you find them at Goodwill!

Quote:
And it works! Love the way they strut their stuff after laying.
yuckyuck.gif

Last edited:
I made this one mostly out of scrap on hand but I did buy a sheet of plywood and have the Home Depot folks cut it into strips for me. The rest is a few 1x4s and some 2x2s for the perchs on front. It is assembled with screws and predrilled before attaching. Underneith is the original attempt at a nest box cut down and slid between the free standing legs. I don't like the bottom ones. Too low to check with ease and the chickens don't like them as well. I'll probably take them out and use them for the rabbits as places to rest off the wire floors.

20100906_5.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my roo checking out the new nest buckets (and giving me the stink eye!) I just set them on the floor at the time because it was just too hot to make a rack to hold them. A rock is holding them in position now!
56972_20100820_1.jpg

Here is my coop (Krapper Koupe) and my nest boxes.

62579_100_7057.jpg

Here is the bench that I made into nest boxes. Had to cut out a notch so it would fit in place. There is a egg door on the outside to open to retrieve eggs when the time comes. The seat lifts up for easy cleaning. I was trying to recycle anything I could find, and just so happened that I had this in the garage. I think it goes well with the theme. I just need to go find a small toilet seat to put on the top. lol

62579_100_7224.jpg

62579_100_7225.jpg

62579_100_7234.jpg

The girls seem to like to jump on it, so they can jump on their roost.

62579_100_7244.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my nesting box...and i only have 4 hens right now...lol...and only 3 are laying...i got it for free and when i got it, it was rusty and falling apart so my dad and i painted (with a type of pait that dosnt let it rust) it, took it apart, cleaned it, and put it back together...we had to replace the roosting parts because the wood that was on it was completely moldy and nasty...

19331_img_0518.jpg

Back
Top Bottom