Show of your home made cakes.

Quote:
Wow, all your cakes are awesome! Very creative. Both my kids have their birthdays this month so I will most likely be stealing some ideas from here. I adore the teapot, but I have to say the last cake on this post with the number 2 is absolutely stunning. I love it.

Most of mine aren't in online albums, but I do have this one which was our attempt at a rainbow/superhero cake for my son's recent third birthday. Here's a slice:

webNoah3cake2.jpg

It was my first attempt with fondant and you can see that I had issues at the corners, but at least it was edible.
smile.png

Last edited:
My daughter wanted an ocean themed cake:

27669_img_2780.jpg

For a friend's son:

27669_img_2657.jpg

Another friends' birthday...Nintendo DS Cake:

27669_img_1901.jpg

1st Birthday cake for a friend's little girl:

27669_img_2115.jpg

I am a Chef so I do these on the side to make extra cash on my day's off. For my birthday I am going to make myself a chicken themed cake since I am a new chicken momma...not sure what it will look like, but I've got til October to plan it. Maybe Ginger...from Chicken Run?

Wow! Beautiful cakes!!

okay, with the exception of the centipede..... the world's creepiest creature... gives me the willies even when made out of cake and frosting. (My only phobia!!)

Here is my daughters 4th. To give you an idea of the size, it took 7 cake mixes.
13604_010.jpg

This thread brought a tear to my eyes. My mom did cakes for over 25 years, you name it, she did it. She had over 500 wilton shaped cake pans. Seeing all of the cakes on here made me think of her doing her cakes and us kids had to stay out of the house when she did them and we had to help her load them in the back of the van. She did alot of wedding cakes, some real big ones that had water fountains and stair ways going up to the top of the cakes that were 3, 4 or 5 layers high. She made all of the cakes and icing from scratch.

Now that she and dad are gone, we are having auction of all of their stuff next week. I dread having the sell. I just cant stand the thought of selling off their stuff to strangers. We gave alot of moms cake stuff to my one sister who is baking cakes now. I kept a few cake pans for myself, ones that meant something to me to remember her by.

Thanks for doing this thread, it brought back alot of memeries for me of mom...............

92 Caddy-
It's so nice to hear that you have happy memories associated with your mom's baking. As you know it's such alot of work & I hope my little girl will look back on the times we spent in the kitchen together with fondness.

Many blessings to you. Think of all the great memories that will be made by other bakers as they use your mom's special pans. I do believe that you can taste "love" in someones cooking.

Peace,
Beth

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom