Show of your home made cakes.

Quote:
They look great! I love the cupcake tiers. I used them for a baby shower recently. I was pressed for time and just used toppers. I got the biggest kick out of the little ducks so I just had to buy them.

13604_kennedis_party_baby_shower_cupcakes_5-16-09_037.jpg

Quote:
What tip # are you using for your flowers on the cupcakes? I don't always have time to make flowers and let them dry.

I don't quite remember, I bought them from ACMoore, and it's the ones in the set with the leaf tip I believe.

everyone should cehck out the other cake thread that was started a few weeks ago, there are some awesome cakes in there too!!!

here are a few of my cakes that Ihave done in the last 4 years

youngest daughters 2nd birthday - jewerly box with all kinds of candy jewerly
9313_cakes2.jpg

youngest daughters 3rd birthday - big dora fan (not the best pic)
9313_kids_143.jpg

oldest sons 4th birthday - he wanted spongebob
9313_dsc00162.jpg

sons cub scout cake auction "amazing games" battleship
9313_cake_007.jpg

another cub scout cake auction "amazing games" hungry nugry hippo
9313_cake.jpg

oldest daughter 7th birthday - hannah montana fan, and she got a guitar for bday that looked just like it - this one was hard to keep hidden b/c she did not know what she was getting, I couldn't give it away by the cake - lol
9313_gia_birthday_party_2009_007.jpg

close up of the guitar cake
9313_gia_birthday_party_2009_029.jpg

oldest daughters school birthday treat - spaghetti and meatball cupcakes
9313_cupcakes_008.jpg

Quote:
thanks, they were a blast to do and the kids just loved them

I have another cake to do next week for youngest sons 3rd birthday party... I guess I am off to plan it out

Those are great looking cakes!! I don't have the talent or patience (or kids) for those elaborate ones, but I do have friends that like rum, so I specialize in rum cakes... I cannot WAIT to make one with fresh eggs, which I will probably do next week. (only just over a week into The Chicken Thing, and I use 5 eggs in each cake.
Using a fancyl pan is as fancy as I get with them, this is a ring of trees shaped pan with "snow" on them (powdered sugar)
33100_hpim3897.jpg

Back
Top Bottom