Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

havoc said its just a due claw to cut it off idk she is the color I want though but feathered legs?
Nah buddy I would say she has got something in her, maybe a silkie or salmon faverolle, both are 5 toed and feathered legs

I will go 2weeks that should be good thanks for the thoughts on the issue
Yep. That's a funny thing if you read about it you'll get a hundred different answers from guys. Either birds are different in how long they actually stay fertile from one rooster to the next or there are an awful lot of experts that don't know sh*t. Lol

I think your last 2 lines sums it up

This weekend I'm getting a pair of Sylvesters I'll just throw him in every now and then with 2 blue splash hens. Bring up a couple batches of pures and crosses and send the pair back home

I assume it's not the pretties flypen

Last edited:
Rule of thumb would be not to buy birds from an auction. It's a shame but most people just peddle birds at those things. All mixed up with who knows what.
Years ago I was just giving away some extra layer roosters and met a guy and he flat out told me he was taking them straight to the auction to sell. I took em home. I'd rather cull birds than be part of that scene. I literally live 5 min from a place that has an auction every Tuesday. I could sell every extra bird I have if so inclined. I would rather give them away to someone who I know will take good care of them.

I think your last 2 lines sums it up

This weekend I'm getting a pair of Sylvesters I'll just throw him in every now and then with 2 blue splash hens. Bring up a couple batches of pures and crosses and send the pair back home

I assume it's not the pretties flypen
Sounds good man. You ever notice that a hen will lay much better when I pull the rooster, some won't lay for sh*t with him in there, yank him out and they're back to laying good. Ain't like he's riding them too hard either, just the stress I guess.

Last edited:
Rule of thumb would be not to buy birds from an auction. It's a shame but most people just peddle birds at those things. All mixed up with who knows what.
Years ago I was just giving away some extra layer roosters and met a guy and he flat out told me he was taking them straight to the auction to sell. I took em home. I'd rather cull birds than be part of that scene. I literally live 5 min from a place that has an auction every Tuesday. I could sell every extra bird I have if so inclined. I would rather give them away to someone who I know will take good care of them.
the auction here os every tues night go figure lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom