Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may next year she's paired up

She went Broody once last year but I decided I didn't want them and threw them. It was late anyway
my bad shubin I read too fast. No but he's paired with one of my hens.

his pupils are huge lol I had a stag last year freaking out and acting really abnormal, so I took him to a local vet, and he said my boy was "tripping balls". Apparently he went shroom hunting on the cow patties. Lmao

Last edited:
Watch out for those signs with dilated pupils and odd behavior. I isolate such immediately as in pen well on other side of yard. If bird loosed ability to walk or get up on roost, then dispatch and dispose of carcass well. No compost heap for any of it.

his pupils are huge lol I had a stag last year freaking out and acting really abnormal, so I took him to a local vet, and he said my boy was "tripping balls". Apparently he went shroom hunting on the cow patties. Lmao
he's calm he is looking at his Albany neighbor

Watch out for those signs with dilated pupils and odd behavior. I isolate such immediately as in pen well on other side of yard. If bird loosed ability to walk or get up on roost, then dispatch and dispose of carcass well. No compost heap for any of it.
no need to fly off the handle everything is ok

You took a chicken to the vet? Were you playing with the cow patties? What's a chicken visit run?

I feed my gamecocks before I feed myself.

I bury most of my dead roosters around and under fruit trees for fertilization. A few under some stepping stones in the front yard.

Tried burning one a long time ago... big mistake, smelled great a first and then smelled like burnt chicken, and it never completely turned to ashes, then the ants came... and then I am pretty sure the dog took what was left out of the ashes and chewed it up and rolled around on it.
Burying works, but have you ever tried composting them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom