Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tornadoes here are different than up that way. Like by my sisters in ky they have the ones that are 1/2mi wide and on the ground for a long time. Around here we get the narrow ones that spin up with the squall lines but don't stay on the ground long, usually. I've had them go over my home a couple times but they weren't on the ground. I'd take hurricanes over tornadoes at least with them u got time to prepare
amen to that. The last place we lived at was suppose to be hit by the three that hit the town instead, we had fricken storm chasers in our driveway that day :th

Can any of your pens flip over shubin?

How old are they (average) for common knowledge on how long people have till D Day? Havoc

Blacks - 5 months
Penny - 4 months (that's a gamble)
Ruble - 6 months maybe a littler longer
Pumpkins - around 5 months,little less
Leiper - same as penny, anything over 4 months is a gamble.
Pen one bird and the next falls right in line and so it goes. Every bird is an individual gotta watch em closely. I am trying to let each one be king for a few days at least before I pen them. It's going ok so far, a few minor setbacks here and there lol
For awhile the stags will run with a group of pullets and stay with them. As they all age though it changes. Gotta take it day by day and pay extremely close attention. I spend a lot of time watching from inside the house to see what they're doing when I'm not around. I've had just as many issues with pullets as stags.
All the other crosses were less than 5 months and the blues were all just about a week shy of 6 months. They don't give much warning though, one day they're good next day all h*ll breaks loose.

Last edited:
Excellent detail now maybe the "oh they'll all be ok together" lurkers can have an idea without asking, thanks
Side note: 2 blues rolling this morning. Wife had dog on leash. Ha, they didn't even care the dog was in between em.

You're a savage Havoc LOL

Quick pic of one of shubins storks running across my yard lol. He took one look at my roosters and ran for the hills!

That's a handsome Grey man! Keep in touch, I want to see those stags!
In my first year of raising chickens. Started with two greys that were abandoned on this property where I moved this spring. Picked up a few new hens. All are juveniles & shouldn't start laying until winter passes. I'll try to get some better pics as these are a couple months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom