Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend does mine he is much better than I am.

Ears, wattles, comb is straight up the back, tight across bill nose to where the skull starts, then from back to bill/skull intersection tight across head then round off by back of the head and dunk the head in a bucket of cold water to stop bleeding and look over and fine trim as needed. He's real particular.
He uses these scissors which were mine and work very well. Going on 3yrs of cutting. Sharp/blunt Straight

Peacomb obviously omit the straight up the back part lol
awesome thanks man!

Quote: Sorry to hear it Centra. The hawks have been tough lately. My birds have stayed in their pens the last week or two.

I like the pic above. Are the birds out for exercise or is this their normal pen setup? I think you have mentioned that you can keep them out with minimal cover.

A friend does mine he is much better than I am.

Ears, wattles, comb is straight up the back, tight across bill nose to where the skull starts, then from back to bill/skull intersection tight across head then round off by back of the head and dunk the head in a bucket of cold water to stop bleeding and look over and fine trim as needed. He's real particular.
He uses these scissors which were mine and work very well. Going on 3yrs of cutting. Sharp/blunt Straight

Peacomb obviously omit the straight up the back part lol
He did a nice job. They look clean.

Ditto on the pea combs! I would much rather dub those.

I did do a little trimming of my own but it was a venison neck roast. Deboned, trimmed silver skin and fat. Cooked down for 7hrs for a meal after

Came out mighty fine if I do say so myself lol.

I did do a little trimming of my own but it was a venison neck roast. Deboned, trimmed silver skin and fat. Cooked down for 7hrs for a meal after

Came out mighty fine if I do say so myself lol.
I would prefer that trimming too! lol

Sorry to hear it Centra.  The hawks have been tough lately.  My birds have stayed in their pens the last week or two.

I like the pic above.  Are the birds out for exercise or is this their normal pen setup?  I think you have mentioned that you can keep them out with minimal cover.

Bird lost would have been culled anyway as well as bulk of same brood. These late season broods are just being run to see what problems to expect in coming years. Coopers Hawk action is nothing like I have ever seen before but also do not normally have young birds this time of year either.

Pens are in deep winter location where bamboo provides wind break. This will be expanded upon in coming years. Pens look as they do this time of year. When away from bamboo they have windbreaks coming from plywood on windward side when weather rough.

Anybody having issues with the selection bar not being across the top of the reply box? Where the pic box and stuff is. and not being able to quote from the phone version

Anybody having issues with the selection bar not being across the top of the reply box? Where the pic box and stuff is. and not being able to quote from the phone version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom