Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like an oven
Not at all, the door at the covered end will have mesh, although the two lights may be a bit much, but I guess that depends on how low or high I make the roof. I haven't decided on the actual dimension, I just know I don't wanna be bending over every time I feed and water.We will see.

Not at all, the door at the covered end will have mesh, although the two lights may be a bit much, but I guess that depends on how low or high I make the roof. I haven't decided on the actual dimension, I just know I don't wanna be bending over every time I feed and water.We will see.
It’s made of metal. Sounds like an oven to me man.
Bending over to feed and water chicks is gonna beat you up too bad? You can’t be serious.

It’s made of metal. Sounds like an oven to me man.
Bending over to feed and water chicks is gonna beat you up too bad? You can’t be serious.
Ohhh no the Mexican brooder had wood panels in a steel frame.

It won't beat me up lol Carrying and tying rebar does tho.
I just want the bottom of the box to be at hip level.
Probably gonna add some handles and wheels since I will be keeping it in the barn, and want to move it outside to get the chicks some real sunlight.

Them Mexican boys kept a hen in there with the chicks too lol

Until it gets too crowded LOL

Probably take them out before they start picking on the younger incoming chicks. I guess when they're about the size of a small child's fist.

Then they will be moved to the closed area between the Radio and Hatch brood pens

I like the idea of two lights, just in case one burns out. They do not have to be too hot.

Until it gets too crowded LOL

Probably take them out before they start picking on the younger incoming chicks. I guess when they're about the size of a small child's fist.

Then they will be moved to the closed area between the Radio and Hatch brood pens
Are you planning on using an incubator or are you getting eggs from elsewhere? Seems easier to just let the hen do it. Then you have an incubator and brooder in one pen.

Old school brooders were galvanized during my first go round with chickens. Early 90s ish. Total guess but approximately 6’x6’x10” tall but only one side was sheet metal the other sides was a few wires running horizontally with feed and water trays and a split top with slide out vents. Used them for chickens and pheasants. Wire was too wide for jap quail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom