Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's,why I edited I know they smaller but I don't go weighing them either
I figured it was a guesstimation. The one that lady has is a buttercup though for sure. I have rosecomb and the comb is much different. Not as wide at the base and more texture, not smooth and neat. The one in the pic is obviously dubbed but the station tells it all.

This. is my papaws rooster was told his a bannie but clearly his mixed and my papaw knows that...so could he be a bannie and game mix???

@Caseymacom, the hen you have looks exactly like my first hen ever, Daisy, a roundhead. I can't wait until those little babies grow up so we can see. My grandpa always called those rose combed bantams. I can't tell how big he is.
@Whitneyfroust he looks even more like what my grandpa called rose combed bantams with the white cheeks. He is just a cutie pie. (I'm a sucker for chickens with big ol white cheek pads.)

Btw, if anyone has a wheaten or partriage hen in the eastern sc area, let me know. I'm not looking for pure lines, I'm just playing in the sandbox with these, and don't have what I want. I will give both of my grey stags away to get an affordable red game hen.

Last edited:
@jshubin I'm not sure of mamas breed I was told she's american game that's all I know, this is my first go with chickens, the only ones I'm sure of is my barred rock and my Japanese bantams

@swampfoot I can't wait either this is my first hatching I'm super excited I sit and wait and wait just to get a glimpse every once in a while 12 hatch total so far

@Caseymacom, the hen you have looks exactly like my first hen ever, Daisy, a roundhead. I can't wait until those little babies grow up so we can see. My grandpa always called those rose combed bantams. I can't tell how big he is.
@Whitneyfroust he looks even more like what my grandpa called rose combed bantams with the white cheeks. He is just a cutie pie. (I'm a sucker for chickens with big ol white cheek pads.)

Btw, if anyone has a wheaten or partriage hen in the eastern sc area, let me know. I'm not looking for pure lines, I'm just playing in the sandbox with these, and don't have what I want. I will give both of my grey stags away to get an affordable red game hen.

Okay thanks lol I didn't know cause my little sister has a bannie pair and his twice their size

I'm sure they will be beautiful. Papa had a lot of birds that looked like your rooster, most would come with white cheek, and wide tails with such pretty long sickle feathers. The bbreds would throw black hens.

I'm sure they will be beautiful. Papa had a lot of birds that looked like your rooster, most would come with white cheek, and wide tails with such pretty long sickle feathers. The bbreds would throw black hens.

Okay great his in with two pretty hatch hens so fingers crossed for my papaw

@Whitneyfroust, your roo looks pumpkiney (or maybe brownred?) to me. I had a clutch of accidental pumpkins from Daisy (roundhead) hen and some pumpkinish golden rooster that was smaller than any games I had, but much larger than the OEGB. He had station like a game rooster, but had the cheeks (his cheeks were smaller and only had a faint spot of white) and a comb like yours. For all I know, I coulda had a Spanish Game and never known it. I wish I still had pics of the parents and offspring, I was confused for a while about them. The cross had pea combs white stained earlobes and were either pumpkin or spangled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom