Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1403945 View attachment 1403944 View attachment 1403943 View attachment 1403942 View attachment 1403941 View attachment 1403940
Little bluegills and crappie put up a good fight on small rods. Sure are pretty things.
Hooked 3 bass and lost all 3 of em due to being overconfident.
There was a time I really wanted some of the Bluegill from over your way for use as brood stock. The natives there at least represent something I do not have a good handle on.

There was a time I really wanted some of the Bluegill from over your way for use as brood stock. The natives there at least represent something I do not have a good handle on.
Crappie fight just as hard as an average size trout and they’ll jump and shake too like a bass. Bluegills run for the weeds immediately. Rarely jump but still fun.
One of the crappie from yesterday shot out of the water took the fly did a complete flip then splashed back down into the water.
Are they different here?

I think they are, or at least used to be. The Bluegill on the eastern seaboard may have stronger contacts with the Coppernose Bluegill than with the Northern Bluegill of the Mississippi River drainage. Just looking at your pictures, they look a lot like Northern Bluegill but I do not see how Northerns could have gotten there naturally without first going through areas supporting Coppernose Bluegill.

Forgot about this hen 3 for 3 kelso

20180525_132415.jpg

Can we post old timey articles?
Like articles pertaining to the sport back when it was legal? Articles explaining the history and origination of some Cockers, strains, and even advertisements?

Depends on content. Breeding, conditioning, keeps and such prolly get away with. Anything pertaining to actual pitting would prolly get you a love letter however we've been on the edge before and nothing got deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom