Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of its cheap that's forsure. I've had my guy tune a few things an he was gonna charge me $200 for retune street and dyno tune. Now I'm looking at a bit more. Pretty sure I'm going with frost via data logs no real tuners around me I'd trust with in 3hours and driving the truck with the new setup and the yank 3200 stall converter isn't the best idea.
I hear ya

trucks are utility vehicles. keeping it maintained is enough for me.

When I was teenager I put headers, tuner, intake, posi, hp cooling and welded up my own exhaust with Edelbrock muffler. All that still on there, but I feel like anything more would be too much. I tried to keep the stock look, I just removed all the trim.

Attachments

• 20161221_075544.jpg
    20161221_075544.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 1
more power cant hurt though, unless your trans/drivetrain cant handle it.
It sure can hurt and be a total waste of time and money when you would have been better off starting with something more powerful to begin with. Or you just have small **** syndrome

Nothing better than seeing the tiniest weenie get out of this lifted truck with 35 MT’s.
Look like damn ooompa loompas. I guess as long as they’re in the truck they feel cool/tough lol

You can build something cheaper than going out and buying something you'll be paying for for many years. That is if you are willing to get your hands a bit dirty. Eventually even that will have issues before it is likely paid off. I know my truck in an out so that helps with cost.

Let's put it in perspective in 01 my 5.3 made 285hp here in 2018 the 5.3 makes 355hp. With the new cam, bit of clean up work done to the casting of the factory heads, ls6 blue valve springs, trans upgrades, stall and a bit better bolt ons than I had before I'll be in the 330-350whp range not flywheel hp like factory vehicles are rated with plenty of added useable tq to boot not to mention most likely the same or better fuel mileage as most of everything you do to newer engine revolves around the quality of the tune. I'll still retain the reliability of the lm7 engine I have no doubt about common things happening but that comes with the territory. All the while having no payment and staying in the 1-2k cost ball park, I enjoy tinkering so I don't have an issue with making things better if I can I don't go crazy because I don't have crazy money but plenty of 1000whp+ lsx setups out there and plenty of stock block setups holding up to crazy power to. With anything it's not if it'll break but when.

Trucks been good to me it's been ran and had 150shot on it at one time never had an issue that was to big or costly to fix.

Ugh yeah I guess. It’s a truck to me buddy. It gets you from point a to b. If you need to haul heavy loads or towing a glamper or boat get a bigger truck.
I could see if it was a grand national or something but a truck is still a truck no matter what you do to it.
You ain’t talking baha truck stuff so I don’t get it. To each their own. If you show me a video of blasting through sand dunes at 80 mph I’ll understand.

Don't matter if it's a truck, boat or Prius people like power on tap if needed not everyone is into it. My truck still does truck stuff and needs not the big tires and lifts to impress I just always like to tinker and have a bit more when I push the loud peddle than it originally came with.

Gm/Ford/dodge even made fast pickups from the 80s up to now. Doesn't mean it ain't useable in truck ways.

Like I've said before power sells look at how far useable power has came even with good fuel mileage. You surely wouldn't have bought your truck if it felt like it was tied to a stump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom