Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had pox here at all. Don't want to either. No meds here of any kind. Just vitamins in the water from time to time.

I do my best to keep everything as clean as can be. I use a lot of DE. I clean out water cups often with bleach and use Apple cider vinegar sometimes too. Plenty of fresh straw.

I do my best to keep everything as clean as can be. I use a lot of DE. I clean out water cups often with bleach and use Apple cider vinegar sometimes too. Plenty of fresh straw.
Miskitos are the carriers so one infection anywhere near enough to you and they will give it to your birds.

any standing water is cleaned up immediately. I guess I'm just lucky then cause I have plenty of mosquitoes around.

I use the exact same methods as you.... DE is glorious, but I don't use bleach.

I've been real lucky with diseases this year, despite the swinging weather and # of chicks I'm keeping... I have only one black chick that is looking sick, with pox. The cocci issue is real minor this year with only a few getting the sneezes/mucus, but that only lasts less than week and they are back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom