Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and yes and that's is a lot of freeranging for me. Actually I didn't want to put it inside with the dust it makes and chirping of one chick. I was thinking if it makes it I'll keep it. It was an accident didn't pull an egg fast enough and didn't think it was gonna hatch anyway cause the hen seemed like she was off the nest a lot

Asil Cuban grade...

Went ahead and gathered all the freerangers today

Gathered all mine up the other day. Big dog running around crapping by all my pens made me a little nervous.

ETA: I think you guys are talking about CadjienDeLousiana, he used to be on the Show Off Your Games thread.

Last edited:
What is getting the free range chickens? Do you have dogs to watch your property?

Every thing you can think of.I live so far back in the boonies we don't get the Monday night football game till Tuesday morning.lol There are coons,foxes,possums,owls,hawks,coyotes,locally dumped mutts.I've got 3 Mtn.Cur dogs,they take care of alot of stuff.The 12 ga.automatic gets some of it,25.06 rifle gets the long range stuff.Varmints seem to know when you're not home.I had to shoot 1 fox out the kitchen window,talk about a p'd off wife when that 12 ga.went off at 3 am.And he still had her Sussex stags feathers in his mouth when I showed it to her.WOMEN.

I just posted something on the Oriental fowl thread.. .

I wouldnt mind getting one or two. I dont think I am ready to start up a new line or anything. But I could grade them into something.. Maybe an asil hen for the Spanish cock I got from Kingcocker.
I'm with ya JShubin. I wouldn't mind having some Brazilians or some of Carr's orientals. But they'll have to wait a few years.

Quote:
That reminds me of a story my part-time boss told me. He said he had fallen asleep in the living room and at about 4:00 am he heard a loud boom from the bedroom. He said he shot up and took off running, come to find out some coyotes had woken his wife up and she couldn't go back to sleep so she shot a 30-30 at them. He said she was deaf for a couple of days and he couldn't stop laughing.

Varmints may get some but there's a huge price to pay if I catch it.I've used snares,booby traps,I tied a 12 ga.double barrel under the laying hen pen where a fox was getting chicks.Set in the house and waited for her,she went under and I snatched the string tied to both triggers.She'll never get another chick.
We usually have a Rat Terrier here to go in holes and pull or run stuff out the Curs chase into the ground.Somebody decided they needed him more than we did.He'd grab coons as big as he was.

Varmints may get some but there's a huge price to pay if I catch it.I've used snares,booby traps,I tied a 12 ga.double barrel under the laying hen pen where a fox was getting chicks.Set in the house and waited for her,she went under and I snatched the string tied to both triggers.She'll never get another chick.
We usually have a Rat Terrier here to go in holes and pull or run stuff out the Curs chase into the ground.Somebody decided they needed him more than we did.He'd grab coons as big as he was.
maybe the coons got him lol

seriously tho, I heard coons are known to drown dogs in water.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom