Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad I have 4 total. Suppose to be getting a pullet from the owner of the father of these to make 2 pair. I been thinning down a lot suppose to have some Larry Romero sweater and James Sylvester hatch chicks after the new year. I coulda got the broodfowl but not really ready for them right now so ima just wait for the chicks.

My bad I have 4 total. Suppose to be getting a pullet from the owner of the father of these to make 2 pair. I been thinning down a lot suppose to have some Larry Romero sweater and James Sylvester hatch chicks after the new year. I coulda got the broodfowl but not really ready for them right now so ima just wait for the chicks.

Are you still practicing the no new pen method ?

Yeah have not built pens in a long time. Between that and feed consumption I know how many I can easily care for without going apeshit and having too many and not enough time and it being detrimental to the birds

Last edited:
Yeah have not built pens in a long time. Between that and feed consumption I know how many I can easily care for without going apeshit and having too many and not enough time and it being detrimental to the birds
That's a good point. I'm sure that number is different for everyone. Especially "properly caring for them" means something different to everyone. I'll be cutting back a few more shortly. I figure there's about 10 birds that can go. Not too mention got 9 chicks that gotta go too.

I've been sick all week and feeding and watering all my pens was not fun. Every time I bent over to fill the feed cups I almost fell on my face. Got shocked my the fence numerous times and fell in another dusting hole and twisted an ankle again. I guess that's how u can figure what number is manageable. How many birds can u handle when your feeling like absolute sh*t.

That had to suck. My sister would do it if I asked her she tends to them when I go out of town. Nothing extravagant now but as I tell her just keepem alive. And if she couldn't someone I know would gladly care for them. If I don't pay attention he'd prolly start up a few keeps back there lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom