Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there! I raised these as a kids, but never really knew what breed they were. Someone on the "what breed/sex/etc?" thread suggested it might be a black red american game and thought I should check the game threads. Do they look familiar to anyone?

Hi there! I raised these as a kids, but never really knew what breed they were. Someone on the "what breed/sex/etc?" thread suggested it might be a black red american game and thought I should check the game threads. Do they look familiar to anyone?

Definitely American Game... its impossible to know exactly what strain they are without knowing the original owner. Looks like they have hatch traits tho... green leg, black breasted red with a pea comb... typical hatch. Gold / Lemon hackle, usually indicates crossing of breeds.

Thank you for the information. They were great birds and I miss them. I think I found the person we gave them to when we moved to IL, so hopefully they have some grand- or great grand-children that I can acquire and add to my flock. Hooray!

Not too sure what kind, so if anyone has an idea I would like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom