Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what you building now? Other than doghouse swells? You get your outhouse built?

I do want to dig a root cellar but i'm just not into it // i skipped building a proper outhouse for now lol. no money so I had to build a temporary bathroom area using three trees that were close to each other, pallets, and a tarp.. it looks very hillbilly but I am what I am and it works for now/ I'm considering building a teepee like structure soon to use as a the bathroom buildong, I have a cast iron tub now and it needs a place to rest, it would look fancy af on some rocks in a teepee lol I have tons of plans for more little houses on my property, but all far in the future, I want an earth bermed house as well.. I want to put a shipping container down in one of my gullies to use as a little house and use like a bridge one of these days,like i said that will be far in the future when i figure out things. right now i'm not doing much but clearing trees and waiting for money so I can finish a few little projects. I need to do tile work, I never have so i'm researching the heck out of it.

I do want to dig a root cellar but i'm just not into it // i skipped building a proper outhouse for now lol. no money so I had to build a temporary bathroom area using three trees that were close to each other, pallets, and a tarp.. it looks very hillbilly but I am what I am and it works for now/ I'm considering building a teepee like structure soon to use as a the bathroom buildong, I have a cast iron tub now and it needs a place to rest, it would look fancy af on some rocks in a teepee lol I have tons of plans for more little houses on my property, but all far in the future, I want an earth bermed house as well.. I want to put a shipping container down in one of my gullies to use as a little house and use like a bridge one of these days,like i said that will be far in the future when i figure out things. right now i'm not doing much but clearing trees and waiting for money so I can finish a few little projects. I need to do tile work, I never have so i'm researching the heck out of it.
Sounds awesome.. i have a bunch of similar ideas for my desert property... with a lot more greenhouse/farming type of ideas. But the storage container is definitely on the list.

Since you are waiting money, you may want to spend time doing all the manual labor ahead of time, so your ready for it.. once your start I find that it is 90% more likely to become a reality... like the teepee thing, just stand up 3 sticks, and the rest will fall into place. I like the tub idea. "iron throne" .

Even if you dig a big pit... maybe you will never have storage container... but it could evolve into a pond or root cellar (which would probably be cheaper).

Do you have a normal day job?

I dont work a day job, haven't had one in years. I dont have time for one rofl.. I live life, grow things, sell things and trade things ;)

I have several hugelkulture beds going for gardening and they work great, I had several tomato plants this year that i didn't water one time and got great yields until they got eaten by whatever got them, I am saving up windows now for some coldframes and last year started terracing one of my hills and now I have hundreds of blackberry plants taking over that i need to kill somehow. I have 14 acres of trees left to cut down and let season ( i will probably only clear like 4 more acres honestly), its not like i'm just sitting lol my waiting consists of gathering building materials and taking care of my plants and fungi. I already have all the posts i would ever need for my teepee structure I just need to finish brainstorming and pick a good spot, I dont mind the simple life and ruffing it, the only reason i need a bathroom building is to keep the ladies happy, they are on me about a full kitchen building too lol

I would rather do one project at at a time and not have random partial projects waiting for the future

I dont work a day job, haven't had one in years. I dont have time for one rofl.. I live life, grow things, sell things and trade things ;)

I have several hugelkulture beds going for gardening and they work great, I had several tomato plants this year that i didn't water one time and got great yields until they got eaten by whatever got them, I am saving up windows now for some coldframes and last year started terracing one of my hills and now I have hundreds of blackberry plants taking over that i need to kill somehow. I have 14 acres of trees left to cut down and let season ( i will probably only clear like 4 more acres honestly), its not like i'm just sitting lol my waiting consists of gathering building materials and taking care of my plants and fungi. I already have all the posts i would ever need for my teepee structure I just need to finish brainstorming and pick a good spot lol I dont mind the simple life and ruffing it, the only reason i need a bathroom building is to keep the ladies happy lol they are on me about a full kitchen building too lol

I would rather do one project at at a time and not have random partial projects waiting for the future
Awesome. I am the type to start a hundred projects, and gradually finish them at various stages... I think its because of my ADD. I hardly ever start and finish anything in continuous work-flow. Even simple stuff like cleaning the shed turns into a 5 day project because I re-organize and take items into garage, then start cleaning out garage. Weed doesnt help.

You're living the natural human life... I am stuck working 40 hours a week like a slave for somebody else. I dont mind working 40 hours, it just sucks that its for someone else.

Check out "Primitive Technology" on youtube... reminds me of your area and style

Id log them 4 acres myself and sell to a lumber company/saw mill. Theres ya some money.

I have considered it, considered trading the mennonites down the road for some lumber, i'm not money driven, I can get it when I really need it but I would rather do things without it honestly. unfortunately there are no really big trees in the section i am clearing, they are tall just not very big in diameter, most are just over a foot probably.. the biggest trees were taken and then the property was left neglected for a couple years before i bought the property , the trees grew really close and really tall with tons of vines growing all over everything, now I am going through and getting rid of most of the undergrowth, the vines, and every other tree so that they will grow nice and big for future milling

I will have to check out the primitive technology videos / I have lived a very primitive hippie life for years and have gotten pretty good at living simple and being very comfortable. heat and ticks/chiggers are the only thing that still bother me after all this time, I am getting guineas next year for sure

Check out the gulf of Mexico tomorrow y'all should see a rather impressive hurricane with an awesome form. It will be a problem for Texas cause they saying it's gonna get stuck between 2 blocking highs just inshore. Staying in the same spot for a couple days before possibly moving back into the gulf. Only time will tell

Check out the gulf of Mexico tomorrow y'all should see a rather impressive hurricane with an awesome form. It will be a problem for Texas cause they saying it's gonna get stuck between 2 blocking highs just inshore. Staying in the same spot for a couple days before possibly moving back into the gulf. Only time will tell
Saw that earlier. Looks bad

Going back into gulf means it could rebuild and visit you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom