Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would get along just fine! I am the same way, so can appreciate when helping others it is about doing it their way. When I was a kid I used to help our elderly neighbor trim her junipers. I would pull out one branch at a time and she would tell me where to cut. Took forever! lol

That's funny, I've gotten into situations like that before. Thanks for the pic-me-up humor

When do you guys deer season open? Sep 9th here. Depends on how hot it is though whether or not I start that early. Mosquitoes drive me crazy. Might have to bring my thermacell.
Archery starts Oct 1. Thats the first deer season in PA. Rifle season doesn't come in until end of November.

My License is now over $100 and that only gives me small game, 1 buck tag, and 1 turkey tag. I'm getting a bit ticked off over this. Hunting is a God Given Right and they tax us for it and call it license fees.

Archery starts Oct 1. Thats the first deer season in PA. Rifle season doesn't come in until end of November.

My License is now over $100 and that only gives me small game, 1 buck tag, and 1 turkey tag. I'm getting a bit ticked off over this. Hunting is a God Given Right and they tax us for it and call it license fees.
I bought my lifetime license years ago, I'm glad I did.

Is it known to get white breasted fowl from crossing a blue mug with a grey?

Noticed the dad (assuming 50/50) was all white bottom and reddish orange hackle, saddle and wing, kinda blue tail
Like this picture,

image.jpeg

And this is his son, (50 Joe Goode/50 him) he was all white at first but of course with growing red is starting to flow out his wing

image.jpeg

The other son looks a lot more blue, reddish, Lemonish and looks as if he could come out looking like this, (not my bird)

image.jpeg

This birds colors dang near mimics the brothers almost 100% so I'll use it as reference since I don't have a pic of him.

Then y'all already know I have his daughter and she came out green legged, not sure where in the blood it may have came from but they're about two different greys and a quarter blue mug, dad was a 1x but turned 6+ pounds afterwards so I know the mug blood is there... I've been just reading that for white fowl to come out a blue mug isn't common?? I know blue doesn't breed true.. Just not sure if the white is coming dominant from the grey or the mug had carried something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom