Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought surely my spangled was going to die from head to toe he was bloody like I said 4-5 days later he was perked up like it never happened. Like said give him a little longer and check him really good all over!

I wouldn't cull him yet. Something doesn't seem right that's all
I agree.. there are many uknowns here.

Since last Thursday I believe.
Funny thing is though when I had discovered they had scrapped the hatch was on his feet and moving. Wasn't until the second day after that he got all mopey.
check his body/skin for big inflated air sacs... i dont know how it happens but I think its a reaction to internal damage... I remember a few of mine getting it after dog attack and they acted in similar way for a while

No moldy food or rat poison, but I can't really know if he decided to eat something bad. Like I said his poop is healthy. I have Checked his body nails to beak and all good.

I use starter with a bit of pancake syrup or molasses or something and water with vitamins and electrolytes pureed into a thick slurry. Put it on a counter or something and dip he beak in it keep his body as straight As possible. They'll eat that and sugar should perk him up

I had one a few years ago knock off both spurs over the stupid peacock messing with him. Both spurs were hanging. What a mess. This bird was a lunatic he didn’t even care. Bout as unstable as they come. I finally ended up culling him because he would take a shot at anything within reach and he started teeing off on hens.
Yeah, it is hard to keep those around. Game doesn't mean crazy...

Anybody that got snow or cold weather had any games lay yet?

Suppose to be nice this weekend minus the muddy stuff.
Yep, have several. It is strange, but have hens and pullets laying. No lights on them either. In spite of my better judgement, I started saving some to put in the incubator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom