Show off your chicken names!!!

My brand new babies - Moët, Chandon, Dom Perignon, Bollinger, Lanson & Louis de Sacy!

Isa cross GL Wyandotte, pekin cross & polish

Ashes- australorp cross New Hampshire
Tigger- gold laced polish
Paris- French wheaten maran
Speckles- black and White mottled d'uccle
Dusty- grey d'uccle
Topaz- silver laced Cochin
Saffron- golden legbar

I know that a topaz is a yellow gemstone, but someone (I can't quite remember who) decided that because she is a rarer kind of breed, we should name her after a semi precious stone. And I did check, you can get white topazes! :)

love your names where did you get the names from or did you just think them up?
MY NAME IS VICKI WHATS YOURS?
vicki
yippiechickie.gif

I will be getting a New Jersey Giant rooster the week of June 8th (as a chick) I have 3 names i cant decide on: "Blazer", "Oscar" or "Bruno". I know June is a long ways from now, but I'd really appreciate a vote of one of the 3 names :) Which ever name has the most votes before the week of June 8th....then that will be the roosters name. Thanks!!! :D
yippiechickie.gif

Not all my chickens have been named but for those who have been named, either individually or collectively, the names are:
The Scarborough Faire Spice Girls:
Parsley (NH hen)
Sage (NH hen) [R.I.P.]
Rosemary (BR hen) [R.I.P.]
Thyme (NH hen) (Took the time, once only, at 7 months to go broody and hatch chicks.)

The Pumpkin Pie Spice Girls:
Ginger (EE hen)
Cinnamon (EE hen) [R.I.P.]
Nutmeg (EE hen)
Clove (EE hen)

Additional Spice Girls:
Saffron (NH hen) (We also called her Mellow Yellow.) [R.I.P.]
Cumin (NH hen)

Mr. Milquetoast (BR rooster) (Wonderful rooster in my avatar.) [R.I.P.]
Lennon (NH rooster) (aka Lenin from The Good Life/Good Neighbors but he wanted to give peace a chance.) [R.I.P.]

Offspring of Lennon and NH hen:
BC (NH rooster) (aka Big Comb and Thing One)
LC (NH rooster) (aka Little Comb and Thing Two) [R.I.P.]

Offspring of Mr. Milquetoast and one of the Spice Girls (but not Rosemary):
The Lone Ranger (rooster)
The young flock (one rooster and four hens)
Two of the Three Stooges

The Three Stooges (3 roosters who mostly get along - includes BR from the farmer who incubated some eggs for us.)

We have not yet considered names for 14 chicks hatched 20 May 2014 purchased from Ideal (8 NH pullets, 2 BR pullets, and 4 white Silkie bantams).

The rooster with the young flock of offspring of Mr. Milquetoast has earned the name Timmy for being so timid.

The four white Silkies are all pullets and are now named Arrowroot, Tapioca, Peppermint, and Marshmallow. Arrowroot and Tapioca have already gone broody and hatched chicks this year.

The Three Stooges now also have individual names: Achilles (the more assertive mixed breed for frequently trying to bite my ankles), Ajax (the BR), and Odysseus (the mixed breed with the crooked toe).

I will be getting a New Jersey Giant rooster the week of June 8th (as a chick) I have 3 names i cant decide on: "Blazer", "Oscar" or "Bruno". I know June is a long ways from now, but I'd really appreciate a vote of one of the 3 names :) Which ever name has the most votes before the week of June 8th....then that will be the roosters name. Thanks!!! :D
yippiechickie.gif
I like Oscar.

I've got

Pollito
Red
Whitey
Spaz
Mrs. Peckerton
Popper
Bob
Hector
Atlas
Winter
Autumn
Higgins
Shaggy
Mo
Y
Sassy
Rose
Mary Kate
Ashley

Have not gotten mine yet they are coming march 3rd we are haveing some help nameing from our 3yr old son he wants to name them popcorn and marshmellow. I like peaches, we have 30 chickens coming so i like looking at everyones names thanks.

Back
Top Bottom