Show off your chicken names!!!

74095_chickennames.jpg

I have three hens, two buff orpingtons and a barred rock. The buffs are Kathie Lee and Hoda. I didn't like them at first because they were picking on my barred rock.
hmm.png

Chickie Chick is my barred rock.

I have:
Gertrude, my SLW. Sort of named after my great grandmother, and named before the chicks even arrived.
Buffy the Egglayer (thank you DH), aka "Buffy" or just plain "Buff" my buff colored cross-beak easter egger
Celeste, my exchequer leghorn. I wanted an elegant, feminine name and this is what my mom came up with.
Tiger, low girl on the pecking order, another EE. Named because of the black on tan markings she had as a chick.
Merna, the EE with the fluffiest cheeks. She was the friendliest chick and I must admit she is probably my favorite.
Merri and Pippin, the speckled sussex sisters. Very fitting names too, since they are always on the look out for "second breakfast."

We also had a Roxanne, a very loud EE chick, and an unnamed EE that went to a new home (our coop isn't big enough but we did need to meet the minimum order).

My main flock:

Daddy-Roo, headmaster

His hens:

Mindy, Mandy, Buffy, Blondie, Momma (the one that is prone to go broody), Blueberry, Patty, Cathy, Lucy, Ethel, Cinnamon, Houdini and Drew (this little girl is named after New Orleans Saints Super Bowl 44 MVP Drew Brees)

A small second flock:

Pierre (this boy is named after New Orleans Saints Running Back Pierre Thomas, who scored one of the touchdowns against the Colts in Super Bowl 44), Headmaster

His hens:

Brownie and Sugar

Frick and Frack, Butch and Sundance (except Butch turned out to be a "she"), Bertha, Ebony, Rocky, Rowdy, Danny, Domino, Glory, Pipsqueak, China, Casey, Buttercup, Mel, Maggie, Princess, Prince Poppycock, Romeo and Juliet, Nonnie (short fo anonymous because she didn't have a name), Hop-Along, and I'm drawing a blank here ... I know there are more!

To actually SHOW them all, I'd need an aerial, probably satellite view of the yard.
lol.png

But here's some names.
gig.gif

Cheesecake
Mila
Tufted
Raven
Hecate
Persephone
Chatta
Llena
Red
Orange
Yellow
True Blue
Umber
Sky Blue
Green
Lilac
Oscura
Shells
Spangles
Rix
Muffs
Ruffs
Alcyone
Nix
Poseidon
Hades
Set
Isis
Canis
Marango
Cacao
Guitard
Ghiradelli
Guylian
Goldkeen
Five Pointer
Cookies 'n' Cream
Maximus
Snowflake
Pele
Freyja
Sultan
Mushroom
Godiva
Josephine
Moha
Cadbury
Camille
Chocovica
Wilba
Whitma
Whittaka
Weldfinn
Hiaka
Lavendula
Spike
Bowie
Big Red

I still have plenty more unnamed, and yes, I know them ALL by name.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom