Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Crossroads was a blast! I think it would have been awesome if they had double judged the show! I would love to see what the judges thoughts were when they compared the open show dels and the youth dels at once! Sam had best of breed and reserve both in the youth show! Maybe next year!

I finely learned how to use my wifes dig. camara, man these things realy take good pic. just wanted to post a good pic. of my roo. out of rebel roosters eggs, he is realy a nice roo. color, body & temperment are very good & just keeps getting better every day, I cant get my pullet to be still long enough for a good pic. but she is of the older sand hill line & solid as a rock, I am realy likeing these Delawares, very good choice of birds for any one:
61634_big_betty_011.jpg
61634_big_betty_009.jpg

Nice meeting the Del twins...Beth and Kathy. I have met Beth before, but was able to handle another meeting.......lol. I also had some time to talk with Michael who also raises Dels, but I didn't have a lot of time at the show. I was disappointed that there were not more of them, but there will be as you folks produce more good ones. The Dels are coming along and there is now a lot of interest in the breed.

It was a great show as expected.

p.s....Kathy behaved herself.......at least when I was looking..........

Walt

HaHa! Walt, per usual, was his charming and informative self and was a GREAT help to us all.
Truly, Walt, you have been a wonderful mentor for us, and I hope you are willing to keep putting up with all our questions. I, too, was pleased with the interest in the breed!

It was very nice to see you again, and I am glad you survived a dose of Kathy and me together, the combination has the potential to make others quake in their boots and faint.

Oh, ummm, I suppose I should tell you, we have pictures.
wink.png

Quote:
I don't remember being called charming before, but I'll take it......ahahaha

As usual those big shows are so busy, it is difficult to spend the the time you want to spend with people. I didn't have a chance to see many of the birds. The APA has never qualified so many breeds at one show before. It made for a very busy time.

Walt

Quote:
I don't remember being called charming before, but I'll take it......ahahaha

As usual those big shows are so busy, it is difficult to spend the the time you want to spend with people. I didn't have a chance to see many of the birds. The APA has never qualified so many breeds at one show before. It made for a very busy time.

Walt

Charming, Beth? Did you run out of adjectives or what?
Just kidding ya know. Walt really has been a great mentor!
hugs.gif

I got a picture of Bev Davis holding my hen from Doug Akers. I think she will probably convert to Delawares and just give up on Marans now. Look at her, can't you tell she loves her!

31282_crossroads2011a045.jpg

Here is a picture with Beth, our friend Jeremy (Barred Rocks), and Walt, chatting in the hallway. Darn if I can remember that first guy's name. And the sweet lady on the end is from California, and has Shamos.

31282_crossroads2011a036.jpg

Last edited:
The gentleman I dragged into the picture is Craig Russell, pres of the SPPA. He has been very helpful with Del breeding tips - he used to raise them. That is a HORRIBLE picture of me, BTW, Kathy. On the other hand, I could look worse.

Quote:
I see that you have the arm lock on Craig so that he can't get away. He is a very knowledgeable breeder. The woman on the far right is the "The Dragon Lady". Suzann Chung from socal. She raises Oriental breeds with large Shamo's being her specialty. She is an APA master breeder of large Shamo's.

Walt

Last edited:
You bet I arm locked him! He was very patient, answering all sorts of questions about what he tried and what worked in raising Dels. ALMOST as nice as you, Walt.
wink.png

Suzann is very, very nice, and is probably a fountain of knowledge, too, but Oriental breeds are something I have yet to learn anything about. Tell her to watch out if any of us ever decide to get some!

Back
Top Bottom