Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Last night I was in the garden weeding. I heard the neighbor girl scream like nothing I'd ever heard before. I looked over the fence to see if she was ok. She wasn't there. I thought it was weird, but I went back to weeding. I heard it again, and looked over at one of my 2 roosters. He was looking at me like, "hey dude, check this out!"

Then he let out another. Not quite a crow, but getting close.

So, way back on 5-24-10 I said;
Quote:
I now know, at least with these roos, the answer is 12 weeks. Hmm....

I sold the 2 roos and 5 hens them last week, but the buyer has to make a coop and will pick them up this weekend. Maybe I should go help him build... (Grin)

I think my flock of Del's has Mareks Disease I had seconded Rooster that started limping so I culled him when he wouldn't stand up, I did a search and that's what it looks like to me.
sad.png
Crap

Quote:
Oh there were choice words at her...she kept going higher wench! Thor was upppppset!

I love the partridges....

Quote:
It is called, "innocent," but I think it should be called, "cetawin!"
gig.gif

bahaahahahahaha

Quote:
You wait for an egg, or hear crowing!
lau.gif

A Dellie in the tree???? I bet she will try it again, won't she? Tooooo funny! Next time you go up to get her down, could you have Cheyenne snap a picture for us?
lau.gif

smarty britches

Quote:
She flew to the first branch about 2.5 feet up and then hopped her way up from there the nut job. She's your grandchild Cynthia.

Yard full o' rocks :

Ladyhawk....good luck with those Silkies. I have 3 of them and unfortunatley they are REALLY hard to sex until they are about 3-4 months old. I have 1 black and 2 blue/splash...very cute and friendly

I know they are so adorable I cannot wait to get them.​

This is my first batch of chickens in my new location <Oregon> and the vaccine is so cheap!!!
What I need is someone to kick my butt because I almost vaccinated for this because I hatch them myself.

Hi everyone!! I hope y'all had a great weekend!! I think my question got lost in some posts over the weekend, so I am going to put it out there again, because I can't find info on this. Is there a certain height/thickness that a Del roo should have?? Norbit's legs seem really long and skinny for his body and we were just wondering if this is common or if they should be thicker and shorter. I am going to get some pictures if the rain holds off and will post them soon. Meanwhile, it is looking more and more like my Norbit is going to have to find a new home - we cannot seem to get his charging and biting under control and we don't want to have an aggressive rooster....I keep saying I am going to give him more time, but I am losing my patience.....
barnie.gif

So, we have a flying Dellie, huh???? That had to be one heck of a show......my girls are 9 weeks old and they kind of do the run/fly thing, but most of them can't get off the ground - I think they are jealous of the Leghorns!!! BTW, was the fire department called to get her out of the tree???
lau.gif

~Lisa~

Quote:
That has been happening. I think some people are getting frustrated when they come to this thread looking for Delaware information.
I think we chat too much. What do you all think? How can we resolve this issue, of missing questions and concerns?

BTW .... I did acknowledge your question, back on post # 1127, with my observation.....

Back
Top Bottom