Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Wekiva Bird has her line out of my Isaac, here, and she is NPIP: You folks who know Isaac, please think some good thoughts for my sweet old man. Not sure he'll be with me much longer. Won't go into it yet, consulting an expert later today. I so love that guy. He's just amazingly gentle and friendly and intelligent, but he's 5 years old and has developed a problem that may be what takes him from me.
Sending well wishes to Isaac! I got Chuck and Lady from Wekiva last year and I swear he looks just like Isaac. From what I've read about him, they inherited his sweet disposition too. <3

Ike sure makes fine sons, doesn't he? Glad yours are just as sweet as dear old dad.

Ike has been sounding on the verge of pneumonia again and rather than shoot him up with antibiotics, I gave him Oxine in his waterer. This weather needs to warm up and dry up and then, some fresh air and exercise might be just the ticket. His feet are healing up very well. Just today, watching him walk from the rear, I saw instability in his right hock joint. It wobbles as he steps. It's the one he has trouble with upon trying to sit on a roost, the one I'm sure has the worst part of his arthritis. I'd never seen that before, the shakiness as he placed his foot on the ground. The joint itself looks like it isn't solid at all. So, who knows? He's still cheerful and crowing and loves his mama, so I'm hopeful he'll hang in there until we can finish up the pen division (darn winter weather).

Someone on Wikipedia was bored and change Rooster in the weight table to FRIED CHICKEN...

Back
Top Bottom