Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

This is my big Delaware? that I rescued after he became too much rooster for a friend- lol! I hope I haven't messed up in my ID of him, and he looks a little worse for the wear in this picture, we moved and he has been running around under brambles, through the creek and over logs, investigates everything:)! My husband has made a complete pet out of him. He just Grabs him up and pets him like a dog and "Rooster" (he is true to a Delaware in that respect- lol) let's him! Most people are kinda scared of him, he is huge and he has a BIG personality:)!! I really hope someone can confirm that he is a Delaware, I think he is fantastic! He has beautiful, even better before the move- barred looking tail feathers with a bit of green sheen on some and gorgeous neck feathers. I had a Rhode Island Red and three Banties when I was gifted him and the Rhodie got eaten by a predator of some sort, leaving him with no one to play with but the bird dog- lol!!! They are best friends! Rooster and Buddy:)! If we put Buddy up, Rooster waits to be put up with him, so funny. He just sits by the fence and during the day they go romping in the woods together. We went and got him about 14 different girls - lol, waiting for them to get grown up, before introduction, but if he is confirmed a Delaware of pretty good stuff and we think he is great regardless- funny and smart, nothing can get the best of him, we might want to get him some Delaware ladies. We would love to have more and after reading everyone else's Delaware stories:)! Not to mention the hens are so beautiful, too! He is very loyal and even tempered, really, but doesn't take any flak off the dog or anyone or anything- lol. He is spectacular to watch and has that something about him that we really enjoy:)! I have no idea how old he is, but he needs way more than the one Rhode Island Red that we had, so that is why we decided to get him a good size harem going! He worried the Rhode Island a good bit with all his courting and before we lost her there were already plans to find him more friends, pretty sure he will be delighted very soon with the new hens. He was never ruthless, though and we let them run around a lot, so she could give him the slip. He is quite the character- well anyway- sorry for the book. Now if he is not a Delaware, We'll just have to try and pick out a little roo of his that is similar to him in his looks and personality to keep a bit of Rooster's mystery legacy going forward. If he is a Delaware we are Big fans:), if not we love Rooster just the same and seeing how he is surely similar may try and raise a few Delaware's:)! Thanks for taking time to look at Rooster:).

Last edited:

Another shot of Rooster with "Buddy" who is his pal-:)

Another of him showing off:)! Not sure if you can tell in the first picture, but he is really a big rooster if you look at the dog who is about the size of a small lab for comparison, the dog is still a puppy, another rescue, Brittany Spaniel mix, a real sweetheart:).

I was able to get i pullet hatch last November 24th out of cpartist eggs.. had power outages. .
What you think of her tail? Im thinking its just not fully grown in yet.. she lays great.. nice size.. i know shes a little dirty in pics..

I was able to get i pullet hatch last November 24th out of cpartist eggs.. had power outages. .
What you think of her tail? Im thinking its just not fully grown in yet.. she lays great.. nice size.. i know shes a little dirty in pics..

looks a little pointed in tail but picture from back would tell - should be a wide T-pee look- still young however

She's definitely pinched at tail. . But she has these outer feather growing out back there. . So I'm really unsure how she will finish out.. regardless she's what I got to work with this year

Back
Top Bottom