Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

We just added a Delaware chick to our little flock.

So I am starting the think my little Star is a Roo. She is hatchery stock so I know the quality is poor. I would like your thoughts on coloring and gender. Thank you.

Dels can fool you for a time but if you can get a more level profile picture things would probably be easier. The best indicator Ive seen for males vs females is the legs. Males tend to have longer shanks and thicker legs. Beyond that its tails if you see distinct barring in the tail it is most likely a male (but some females can have faint barring and some males black tails) So far I dont see anything to make a distinction yet. Standing stance is also an indicator but not highly reliable if just observed a few times. Males will tend to be more upright but lots of factors can cause males to crouch and females to stand. Comb and wattles are typical indicators but some females break out early and some males are late bloomers. Dels are often quite hard to sex how old is it?

Dels can fool you for a time but if you can get a more level profile picture things would probably be easier. The best indicator Ive seen for males vs females is the legs. Males tend to have longer shanks and thicker legs.  Beyond that its tails if you see distinct barring in the tail it is most likely a male (but some females can have faint barring and some males black tails) So far I dont see anything to make a distinction yet. Standing stance is also an indicator but not highly reliable if just observed a few times. Males will tend to be more upright but lots of factors can cause males to crouch and females to stand.  Comb and wattles are typical indicators but some females break out early and some males are late bloomers. Dels are often quite hard to sex how old is it?

I will get better pics this afternoon. It's about 5-6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom