Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Looks like a nice heavy pullet too

Yes, I'm pretty happy with the size of some of the pullets this year. I had weekly hatches spread out over several weeks, which is inconvenient, but I think the pullets are shaping up pretty well. For the cockerels I think I did okay with feather & body width and chest breadth & depth, but still have lots of color work to do.

MY DELAWARES are very sweet ,they are all still in their grow out pen divided from the flock in our barn yard ever since they were 6 weeks old,they have an indoor grow out pen, connected to that is their big out door pen to sun & dust bath in but they wont be joining the flock until they have grown as large as my older hens, since i believe in safety in numbers & one day they will all go join the others, as a good size group of new comers, this method has always worked very well over the years for all my new arrivals into the flock & this way no one gets bullied, here are my dellies always first to come running over to me every morning & sharing the grow out pen with them are some road island whites & RIR NHR all 12 weeks old & every one is doing great im happy to say .
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
hi there pamperedamber, sorry I got that one mixed up , my usual im afraid HA
tongue.png
I dont get enough sleep...lol... its the chickens fault really ...lol.. they get up to early
lol.png
.lol..but true i do have 13 week old dellies right now & i do have a cockerel , i know that for sure since i ordered him with my pullets, but he looks different then your pic so you might have a pullet.? i will try to get a good pic of my boy, i got my 13 week old dellie cockerel to stand still for a moment so here he is , good luck with yours
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom