Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Quote:
Are you feeling well Kathy??.. that almost sounded like .. dare I say it.. moderation???.. NO Say it can't be..
hugs.gif

hide.gif

hahahaha, not a chance. NOTHING in moderation here! I have nearly 200 chicks and grow outs on the ground now. Heck, might even be over 200. I dare not count them.
lau.gif
Once I get some butchered, I can start again!
post-10849-1152373297.gif

Quote:
Are you feeling well Kathy??.. that almost sounded like .. dare I say it.. moderation???.. NO Say it can't be..
hugs.gif

hide.gif

hahahaha, not a chance. NOTHING in moderation here! I have nearly 200 chicks and grow outs on the ground now. Heck, might even be over 200. I dare not count them.
lau.gif
Once I get some butchered, I can start again! http://community.invisionpower.com/uploads/post-10849-1152373297.gif

I know exactly where you're coming from on the "not counting them"... The better half today was helping me choose who stays and who goes.. She ask.. "Have you counted the chicks yet?.. you might not need to keep any of these??.."..

I was like.. You're kidding me .. right??..

Of course she hasn't figured out what the poles laying in the front yard are for yet either..
lau.gif
trusses come this weekend.. Of course I won't know anything about those either..
hu.gif

Quote:
hugs.gif

hide.gif

lau.gif
Once I get some butchered, I can start again! http://community.invisionpower.com/uploads/post-10849-1152373297.gif

Oh mee too Mrs. Kathy I would reckon somwhere in the nieghborhood of 300 or so is what I've eded up with so far and still have more broodies and more trying to go broody still yet. The one thing I hope for is that all these blasted broody girls I have will go broody when I'm going to be needing them next year hatching out project eggs instead of thier own but thats one reason I have my 'whatchamacallits' they are very good mothers and do so much a better job of hatching than I do with artificial incubation.

Anyhow G'nite everybody got to get up in the morning and butcher chickens and bathe the dog she has an appointment at the vet for a heartworm check. I sure hope after spending 600 smackers on her in Feb. that we got them all, I'd hate to do that all over again, the money is one thing but trying to keep a Catahoula dog inactive for 2 months is very time consuming and a lot of bull.
he.gif

Jeff

Quote:
Do you do this, like I do ...........
*talkin' to myself* I need just ONE more pen. Just one more...... Just ONE more!
gig.gif

Now, with 16, I still need ONE more!
lau.gif

You hear the voices to??... wow.. seems like many on here have that "problem"..
lol.png

Quote:
lau.gif

Oh mee too Mrs. Kathy I would reckon somwhere in the nieghborhood of 300 or so is what I've eded up with so far and still have more broodies and more trying to go broody still yet. The one thing I hope for is that all these blasted broody girls I have will go broody when I'm going to be needing them next year hatching out project eggs instead of thier own but thats one reason I have my 'whatchamacallits' they are very good mothers and do so much a better job of hatching than I do with artificial incubation.

Anyhow G'nite everybody got to get up in the morning and butcher chickens and bathe the dog she has an appointment at the vet for a heartworm check. I sure hope after spending 600 smackers on her in Feb. that we got them all, I'd hate to do that all over again, the money is one thing but trying to keep a Catahoula dog inactive for 2 months is very time consuming and a lot of bull.
he.gif

Jeff

Good luck with the Vet Jeff... And sleep well

Quote:
I extremely lucky in that aspect.. There is a woman in this area that does them for a 1.35 a piece bagged. She does an outstanding job of it as well. I can't hardly justify doing it myself for that. Besides, myself and a friend time ours to go in together. So she usually gets 50-100 birds from us at a time. She does about 400 a day 3 days a week.

Quote:
I need someone to come help me butcher in a couple months. Can you come here for a vacation then, Jeff?
lol.png

Oh Mrs. Kathy I do so need a vacation and yes if I possibly could I'd definatly come and lend a hand but I'm so tied down with my bunch now and I don't think I could get anyone to take care of my birds for love nor money. I could'nt trust anybody to do it right in the first place. I'd so love to come up and check out your operation and visit my old stomping grounds in NW Ark too but I just don't see it happenin' in the near future. I got to seriously scale down here this year, too many irons in the fire for sure.

I see Cetawin is trying to persuede me to go to Georgia a get that Delawegger boy for my girls but that's not happening either they'll just have to have an off colored beau for now.

Jeff

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom