Show off your Emus! (Or Rheas/Ostritches!)

Thank you! I think their eyes are gorgeous too! We're hoping for eggs this season, but so far, nothing. I'm not entirely sure what the issue is. Is it maybe to cold out? Or perhaps Kyouka is still stressed out from the move to our farm? Any ideas or suggestions that might get her laying would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! I think their eyes are gorgeous too! We're hoping for eggs this season, but so far, nothing. I'm not entirely sure what the issue is. Is it maybe to cold out? Or perhaps Kyouka is still stressed out from the move to our farm? Any ideas or suggestions that might get her laying would be greatly appreciated.

I'd guess more likely stress from the move, but it is still early for some. Doubtful its too cold, most lay even when its cold enough to freeze the eggs before you can find them. Hopefully soon for you!

Big bird and I!

IMG_2992.jpg

I'd be interested to pet such a critter: emooz seem to have thicker necks at the base, and there's a shocking amount of strength in their necks. So, ozztertich got much longer neck, but doesn't seem to have that width at the base.

SE

Saw Dad and five black heads by the road yesterday (four months old). While standing still, the chicks look like exclamation marks.

Back
Top Bottom