Show Off Your Games!

Another bird that is a relative of them (1st cousin once removed), not the best of photo but it works. He carries 1/2 of the Arkansas Traveler blood I have.

They are all a work in progress looks wise, but in every other way I like them so far for the most part (there are areas that I hope to be fixed this years generation I wanted to see more of in the last generation, but they're still good fowl I think). The main issue I have with the Whitehackle fowl (at least the stags posted above in terms of looks) is I don't like the tails set like the darker bird; I prefer them much more like their father which is just an excellent bird. I only wish I could take photos of him that did him justice, he is just one of those birds that when you walk around him and see him in person he looks so much better than any lifeless photo you see of him (as do most of my birds when I take photos, but I try to get at least some decent ones.)

I would call her a blue red sport; they can look very similar to Red Pyle birds (as she does) but when crossed with another color the blue manifests itself. As in, if bred to a red cock she would probably produce all or mostly blue red offspring. If bred to a grey I'd expect blue golden duckwinged fowl; bred to another blue red sport it shouild reproduce pyle looking birds; bred to a black I would expect a blue.

But given she is Oriental looking, and blues in general among American Game/many other games are not very uniform color wise; it is not always so textbook and the above is highly variable depending on the hidden genes.

True red pyles are generally dominant white over some version of Bb red / duckwing, etc. Dominant white can' t eliminate red, only eliminates black. So the red remains. Blue works similarly, it dilutes black but leaves red alone. The bird pictured is a blue splash in the sense it carries 2 copies of blue so it dilutes the black to near white. It may not be a splash in the usual sense , the dirty blotchy white things- those are over a black bird, this is over something else. Really. I guess we are all saying the same thing. Whether you call it a sport or a splash Pyle, she has 2 blues diluting the black down to " white" . What type of muff is that,

I don't know what line or type of muff she is. I was at a chicken auction on a Friday evening enjoying myself when she and another one just like her along with two other single comb pullets were sold. I purchased the four pullets for a dollar a piece. So I'm not expecting her to be very aggressive at all. I do enjoy her very much, she like most hens of her type is a very good brood.
She might be an Asil cross.

A few of the cock's offspring from last year, birds this year are too young/free ranged for me to start taking photos of them. Never gotten spangled lemon hackled birds if that is what you mean by light red spangles, but some do come with semi-pumpkin lookinh coloration due to the Shelton Roundhead blood though not easily noticable in the photo below his saddle is a definite orange, some of his breast feathers as well I believe though most are white with black spotting on him. Most come dark red colorations with spangles like the Avatar and the darker bird below which is how I tend to prefer them but color really isn't a big deal with these guys to me.

Bad photo of one pllet I raised, but one of the more spangled pullets.

Another pullet, a bit more red.
I'm a big fan of the lemon spangled color. I may try to get me some later on when I make more space if I can get a hold to some good ones. Nice birds you got there.

Back
Top Bottom