Show Off Your Games!

[/IMG]

Ok I have one very game rooster all
My hens also are very game
I get them from a man that has showed gamesfowl 20 years.
I do not show them but I want the flock to stay game
I have grey hens, pumpkin and hatch
But as I said one rooster.

Will my flock stay game even with all the different types of game hens.?

Yes I know they are crossed but still game?

I am back. Best part was seeing how some of the guys could really handle their birds. A couple guys took time to describe their approach. Could not get judge to tell me what he was looking for so will have to try again next year. Also learned you need to bring your own drop pens. Interesting note is even the low station birds are high stationed relative to mine. Oriental influence marked in birds on display.

Also met a couple of guys from another site. They were not gruff at all in person.

Did you find any potential hens to add to your flocks?

[/IMG]

Ok I have one very game rooster all
My hens also are very game
I get them from a man that has showed gamesfowl 20 years.
I do not show them but I want the flock to stay game
I have grey hens, pumpkin and hatch
But as I said one rooster.

Will my flock stay game even with all the different types of game hens.?

Yes I know they are crossed but still game?
IMO yes they will stay game but IMO they still need to be sparred and maybe a little more to keep the game I believe it'll slowly fade away. If not tested.

Last edited:
It's hard to tell which hen to use cause they are all co habitating together. If they were separate u could find out which was the most game hen. Since they are all together it's a crapshoot what to breed the cock to. Out of the ones you named I would use the hatch.

Did you find any potential hens to add to your flocks?

I did not see anything quite like I am looking for. Crossing what I saw into mine would likely create a mess. Mine are low stationed with behavioral attributes that go with it. Crossing into a high stationed line will make for a slow bird that tries to act like a fast one.

Bringing in new blood will come on male side only. For me, female sides is most important as is contains all the genetics that makes a line unique. Cockside lacks an entire chromosome.

Found a gentleman with mugs that approximate what we called Doc Kniefords and they may be kin if stories jive. His birds are also large long-legged goonie-looking which judges seemed partial to.

Another thing worth noting is a couple fellows inidicated they only feed their stags and cocks scratch. Mine could not persist for any length of time like that and stay in good health. I think those fellows were trying to pull my leg as if I did not know anything about feeds and feeding. Both seemed new to games but I doubt either followed the advice they were giving me.

Back
Top Bottom