Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
Nice-lookin' birds! Love the white sickle feathers on the cock. Looks like some sort of mottled coloration on the hen.

When was cockfighting outlawed? I thought it was outlawed early in the 20th century. Guess I was wrong?

Not in Louisiana and Oklahoma it was very recent in the past decade. I'll have to do some searching but it was'nt to far back. What a democracy huh?
wink.png

Jeff

It was outlawed a long time ago in England, but was legal in some parts of the U.S. until 2008. Louisiana was the last legal state up til that year.

Aug, 2007 is the year I believe that it became a federal law that one could still fight just not gamble on cockfighting then Aug. 2008 Louisiana became passed a state law banning cockfighting all together, which we were the last state.

You guys do not want to hear what just happend to me, I was going out to dub a oleg cock while it is nice and cool out. I go dub him while I am cutting thrrew the comb he goes numb no heart beat nothing. He didn't even bleed. Wierd right? I wonder if I was holding him to tight and broke his neck but nope didnt break it. I woonder what happend, I hhave done dubbing lots before never has ended this way.

Quote:
I have a grey toppy pullet but I am not sure exactly what Flarry Eyed means. I also have a toppy pullet that is black mottled.

Flarry eye is an old gamecock term for pearl eye. The old breeders are the only ones I've ever heard use the term. The flarry eye grey though whether they originally had pearl eye or not, I am not sure. I can't recall ever reading the history, and I've never seen one with any eye color other than red.

God bless,
Daniel.

ETA: Guess not, kind of interesting that the name Flarry eye actually was a play on their flaming red eye color.

Last edited:
Hey CDL!!! I love the spangled color of your Toppies, wish I had that hen to put with my spangled cock, I am trying to improve the color on mine so as to some day show them, in the show ring you need the dark mahogany color on the spangles like you have, mine are what we called washed out in color, I will have to find me some BB Red colored Toppy Hens to breed my cock to and then cull hard foor color, all the while trying to keep gameness in my flock! Nice birds!!! Lynn PS Hi Monty!!!

Quote:

Yea here is a pic I posted not to long ago of my spanish Toppies, I dont know there blood line. They guy I got them from didnt care about blood line names he use to fight them when it was legal and had some good birds.
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/.../utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwOTE5LTAxNTQzLmpwZw-1-1.jpg

I know some of you have heard of Angelo Pasquale, I recently went to his place for a visit. He still has a lot of nice birds but not near as many as he used to have. My son and I spent the better part of a day visiting and looking at all of his fowl. He has had some of his Shamo lines for almost 60 years.

Back
Top Bottom