Show off your house ducks!

0.jpg
Here is Pancake and his buddies having a swim for the first time...
I am crying too. Blessed blessed little bitty precious call ducklings wonders and miracles of nature zooming around in the tub using their webs to move about, scratching themselves and just being cute. Why are they so wonderful? Something about these birds just affects me profoundly and I don't nor can I have any. I simply enjoy BYC and you wonderful folks. Congratulations AliciaM and Amykins for such an awesome outcome.

Here is Pancake and his buddies having a swim for the first time...
So adorable!!! There is nothing more wonderful than bathing ducklings! And you can always have more inside! We have 7 cats, about 25 chicks, 2 geese (and counting), six ducks, three quail, a corn snake, a budgie, and a ferret in a 3 bedroom ranch at the moment, and 14 ducks, 4 adult geese, a nest full of goose eggs, 2 pheasants and about 35 quail outside....

Those were just the inside pets.. Outside we have 6 horses and a donkey, 10 chickens and 9 adult call ducks... One horse will be leaving us soon to the rainbow bridge. She has kidney failure..So im glad to have the ducklings in the house. They give me something to focus on at the moment.

And Pancake is getting along great with his siblings.. My daughter is still thinking of names for them. My husband and I want to call them Maple and Syrup, cuz thats what goes with Pancakes, but shes not going for those names...

You can totally rename Pancake if you want to, although I do adore the trio of breakfast names! :p I just realized, they create a gradient when standing side by side: Black, brown, and tan!
tongue.png

Spoke tk the vet about dsppy duck they think that where he feathers are falling out o ly from one wing they think she may be pulling them out because she's still In pain. so that's three more weeks of medicine for this little girl!!

Also I have a question about mites. Dappy is my only duck. But she itches a lot (she has a skin condition) but im intrested coils she catch mites just from being in the garden in the day (she sleeps in my room)

I don't have house ducks but I used to have a house goose! I brought her to petsmart all the time and she would help the service dogs with their training, you know ignoring distractions
I'm discovering that the goslings are much more cooperative about putting their nappies on than my ducklings. They pretty much don't care, as long as there is food and plenty of cuddles involved in the process!

I'm discovering that the goslings are much more cooperative about putting their nappies on than my ducklings.  They pretty much don't care, as long as there is food and plenty of cuddles involved in the process!

Geese are muuuch more docile and easier to work with than ducks! But ducks are sooo cute

Back
Top Bottom