Show off your house ducks!

It's true! I vacuumed the house the other day and neither he nor the baby even flinched. But fluffing and folding a blanket? DANGER! PANIC PANIC PANIC! I do feel kinda bad though, whenever we go for walks and an airplane goes overhead Wobbles crouches down in fear. Poor thing thinks it's a hawk or something :(

Same thing happens here. A plane flies overhead and six heads tilt sideways to watch it go by. UNACCEPTABLE INTRUSION.

Same thing happens here. A plane flies overhead and six heads tilt sideways to watch it go by. UNACCEPTABLE INTRUSION.
eeee tee hee. even my uber tiny need a microscope to see finches do the head tilt from the window sill when a plane flies over. TOOTSIE ROLL!!

It's true! I vacuumed the house the other day and neither he nor the baby even flinched. But fluffing and folding a blanket? DANGER! PANIC PANIC PANIC! I do feel kinda bad though, whenever we go for walks and an airplane goes overhead Wobbles crouches down in fear. Poor thing thinks it's a hawk or something :(
Vacuuming. Why are birds not afraid of that? It's a huge noisy sucker thing and birds don't care. When I vacuum under the living room window, moving it back and forth, they just sit there and do not flinch. But wave my hand near them and they are off like a shot. So what is it with vacuums and birds?

Vacuuming. Why are birds not afraid of that? It's a huge noisy sucker thing and birds don't care. When I vacuum under the living room window, moving it back and forth, they just sit there and do not flinch. But wave my hand near them and they are off like a shot. So what is it with vacuums and birds?

I honestly have no idea. It makes me think they're either smarter than we give them credit for, or far, far dumber!

I don't know either! You have to push them out of the way with the vacuum! You would think that a loud noise like that was at least worth investigating!

Started a tutorial on my cabinet incubator build. Missy has been "helping"... by randomly hitting keys on my laptop, etc. The thing holds humidity REALLY well - so well that I might use it as a hatcher tonight since I have that single pipped egg in with all my other incubating eggs... It's a lot more humid in there than in the incubator it is currently in, and the temperature has been stable for hours...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/970153/homemade-wine-chiller-incubator-build

I honestly have no idea. It makes me think they're either smarter than we give them credit for, or far, far dumber!
Ya, exactly. Because on the smart end of things they don't think it's a threat due to the fact it has not harmed them and on the dumb end, they better get going but don't because it could potentially eat them. Although I never do anything intentional with it to scare the little loves.

Well, I just discovered something hilarious. Wobbles like being sung to! He was being a terror so I potatoed him, he was squirming up a storm and trying to bite me so I started singing. He just cocked his head and stared, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom