Show off your house ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Scovy Momma, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    Same thing happens here. A plane flies overhead and six heads tilt sideways to watch it go by. UNACCEPTABLE INTRUSION.

2. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Aww, poor babies! That head tilt though, amirite?

3. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    eeee tee hee. even my uber tiny need a microscope to see finches do the head tilt from the window sill when a plane flies over. TOOTSIE ROLL!!

4. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Vacuuming. Why are birds not afraid of that? It's a huge noisy sucker thing and birds don't care. When I vacuum under the living room window, moving it back and forth, they just sit there and do not flinch. But wave my hand near them and they are off like a shot. So what is it with vacuums and birds?

5. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    I honestly have no idea. It makes me think they're either smarter than we give them credit for, or far, far dumber!

6. LadyHawkeAvry

LadyHawkeAvry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2015
    Carlisle, NY
    I don't know either! You have to push them out of the way with the vacuum! You would think that a loud noise like that was at least worth investigating!

7. LadyHawkeAvry

LadyHawkeAvry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2015
    Carlisle, NY
    Started a tutorial on my cabinet incubator build. Missy has been "helping"... by randomly hitting keys on my laptop, etc. The thing holds humidity REALLY well - so well that I might use it as a hatcher tonight since I have that single pipped egg in with all my other incubating eggs... It's a lot more humid in there than in the incubator it is currently in, and the temperature has been stable for hours...
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/970153/homemade-wine-chiller-incubator-build

8. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Ya, exactly. Because on the smart end of things they don't think it's a threat due to the fact it has not harmed them and on the dumb end, they better get going but don't because it could potentially eat them. Although I never do anything intentional with it to scare the little loves.

9. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    I know. It's weird. It's probably an international bird thing with vacuums. No fear of them. Hmmm.

10. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Well, I just discovered something hilarious. Wobbles like being sung to! He was being a terror so I potatoed him, he was squirming up a storm and trying to bite me so I started singing. He just cocked his head and stared, LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by