Show off your house ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Scovy Momma, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    More details please. He found them and what did he do after that?

2. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Whaddya think he did? I'm gonna be clearing out cracker crumbs out of my bedspread for weeks!

3. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    so funny and makes him that much more cute and endearing.

4. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    I just wonder if Bean will grow up to be a lil' turd like Wobbles is! :p

5. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Oh, Man. What if....? Any indications in her personality she could be like him? I find his antics cute even though they are destructive like tearing into the crumble bag, finding the crackers in the bed and on previous occasions slinging ranch dressing all over the place. Maybe having a girlfriend will mitigate some of his hellion ways. So keyoot.

6. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Only time will tell! She doesn't have much of a personality yet, she's still trying to figure out what she can eat and what she should be afraid of. :p She's starting to show herself a bit more, though. Wobbles would instantly investigate (read: bite) anything new, whereas Bean is terrified of it and will hide! She also loves to hand out on my shoulder. Wobbles is more of a lap duck. <3

7. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    I hope as time goes by she becomes less fearful of things. How does she respond to Wobs when she sees him outside her brooder?

8. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Bean's getting her first butt feathers! [​IMG]

And to answer your question Julie, she just watches him. I don't think she's afraid, but she's not particularly attached, either. Although funnily enough, when I was in the bathroom changing her water she stopped her alarm peeps when my cat walked up to the brooder, LOL! Who knows, maybe she'll be able to coexist peacefully with them where Wobs has failed.

9. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    I love butt feathers. A full set on a duck's rump is so soft. Interesting she stopped alarm peeping when the cat came in. She and Wobs sure have their personality differences. If I remember, he hisses and charges at the cat. I hope as Bean gets more mature she'll wanna hang with Wobbles.

10. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    BUTT FEATHEERRRRSSS <3 Hehehe! They're a lovely dark grey, too. I can't wait to see what she looks like with her full set of plumage! I hope she and Wobs get along, too. He hasn't showed any animosity towards her, but with him still being all pumped fulla testosterone I hope it calms down by the time she's a couple months old. I want them to bond but I can't introduce them as long as he's actin' like a turd!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by