Show off your house ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Scovy Momma, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    And again, we have a shameful lack of pictures of our growing Bean.

2. LadyHawkeAvry

LadyHawkeAvry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2015
    Carlisle, NY
    Yes!! We want more Bean!! We can never get enough Bean!!!!

3. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    They're coming, don't worry! The Dear Hubby has been away all week at a video game tournament with his buddies so I have no camera. He'll be coming home tomorrow. :)

4. Kaessa

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Are all KCs good flyers? My friend has one. I wonder if I should warn him. How is your pekin lady doing now since you wrote this post? Poor thing. I love pekins. They are loud. My friend's girl is super loud. It is funny. I love how Missy cuddles with your husband. He is one lucky man.

6. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Yippee. Bean on the forum for all of us to see and love. Blueberry feets…..

7. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    I do, too. Her blueberry feets are even blueberry feetier now! And I swear, she is getting visibly bigger each day. Two days ago she was the size of a lemon, now she's more like a mango!

8. LadyHawkeAvry

Jan 25, 2015
    Carlisle, NY
    Yeah, they scaled a 4 foot fence with a pop and fly move. They are little, so they can get lift... My scovies are going to need a fresh trim as soon as they molt too... My drake is too heavy, but The Twins can get lift without a clip.

Pale Girl was up on both legs for much of the day. She started to get a little wiped out after her bath (I think mom was bugging her again), but I gave her her shots and she settled down again (after complaining about the dexamethasone) Later in the afternoon she was back up on both legs having a conversation with her buddies through the wall again. She is insanely loud! They are the second loudest duck behind the call duck. Missy can't hold a candle to the noise she can make!

Missy is mad at my husband for working again. His schedule changed, and she is having none of it. It is way past her bedtime, and she is still asleep in her day spot in the hall.

Keeping an ear out for alerts from the birds, Everyone was sleeping last I looked. Of course, the whole yard was inspected by a mass of cats today, so their scent may be a little unnerving to the skunk. There were 4 half grown kittens and 2 adult queens patrolling today... The only noise so far tonight was Narcissus breaking up a Pekin love fest. He does not like the drakes chasing the hens. If the hen tries to escape, he is there in a heartbeat after the drake. He demands good behavior, and can be brutal if his rules are not followed, but he is an exceptional flock protector in return. The ladies don't get harassed under his watch... I'm exhausted, but I have 2 nests to watch tonight....

Missy just came sauntering in for bed. I guess hubby is out of the dog house...

9. LadyHawkeAvry

Jan 25, 2015
    Carlisle, NY
    I want to see that adorable little mango with the blueberry feetsies!!!!! [​IMG]

10. Kaessa

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    [​IMG]

You know, I thought WE had a never-ending source of entertainment here with three dogs, three cats, and six ducks. You probably never run out of entertaining things to watch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by