Show off your house ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Scovy Momma, Feb 23, 2012.

1. kukupecpec

kukupecpec Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ

It's possible they won't be friends until next breeding season. I'm no expert, but when I first got Pom for Trina, they were NOT friends. Trina was TERRIFIED of him. And Pom was none too impressed with her. He would bite and chase her. Then breeding season came and all of a sudden I came home and they were sitting together in the sun! Now they are inseparable even when it's not breeding season =)

1 person likes this.
  2. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Finally got pics!

As you can see, instead of having the color of mashed-up blueberry feets, now she just has...blueberries on her feets. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ For reference on her growth rate, this is a similar photo I took just four days ago:

[​IMG]

qf6yj

....And that was her walking on the keyboard. Sigh.

3. LadyHawkeAvry

LadyHawkeAvry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2015
    Carlisle, NY
    She is gorgeous!!! Thank you for the bean fix!!!! It made my evening!!! [​IMG]

4. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    Bean is beautiful! I love her markings, I can hardly wait to see what she looks like when she feathers out.

[​IMG]

5. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    She's gonna be so pretty! She's already starting to feather out a bit, and sure enough the pinfeathers are white and beautiful charcoal grey. I wanted to take better pics of her, but as it turns out she's terrified of the camera. Because of course she is. So all the other shots I took were blurry since she was too busy running out of the frame!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  6. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    That just means you don't take enough pictures. Mine were afraid of it at first. They tried to eat my phone after a while. They REALLY loved it when one of them would come around to the back of the phone and see another duck on the screen. PECK PECK PECK PECK

7. kristi8404

kristi8404 New Egg

Mar 31, 2015
    [​IMG]Question for you guys:
    1. Do you think their tail feathers are in, that I could order adult diapers?
    2. One of them has feathers that don't lay flat from the wing- she doesn't have any pain and flaps them normally but it looks not normal. What do you all think?

Excuse their dinner mess, they just got done eating in the tub

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  8. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    HAAAA that's too cute! I just feel bad for Bean...she's so scared of everything. And I mean everything. Pencils, nail clippers, for the love of bacon, we gave her kale for the first time today and she was scared of THAT, too! Luckily she got over that. Now she's destroying it.

9. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Hi Kris, first off, welcome to BYC! Forgive me my eyesight's not that great and it's hard to see white-on-white, but she may have angel wing. If that's the case, a wing wrap and lower protein feed should do the trick in just a few days. As for diapers, I'm not sure. They certainly look big enough for 'em, but knowing Pekins they'll outgrow them soon enough!

Kukupecpec sells grow-out diapers on her Etsy store Sewsammi. I highly recommend checking it out, she's got the best duck diapers around! And I say that as someone who bought 'em from three different sources before finding her store. Trust me, hers are the best quality by a landslide.

10. kukupecpec

kukupecpec Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    Kristi! This is Amykins who I was directing you to on FB =) she replied to your post!

:celebrate you are awesome =) I told Kristi that Wobs had angel wing and you might be able to give her your experience about wrapping his wing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by